Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    denolore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Craftsman Riding Mower - Spring Clutch
    We have a Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower. The clutch will not engage and when we looked under, "Spring Return Clutch" had fallen off. The manual shows it but does not show where to hook the 2 ends. Can anyone help?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Toward the front it will hook on to the pedal shaft assembly, easier to see from the right hand side of the unit, then the rear of the spring will hook on to a bracket on the trans. Or on to the frame there will be a hole, and you should see signs of wear there, such as scraped paint. This spring is difficult to hook. But you can hook the front, place a heavy string such as pull rope string for a push mower around the rear hook of the spring, get behind the mower and route your string to the rear and pull on it to stretch the spring. You will need someone with some needle nose pliers to guide the hook into the hole for you. And to ease the pain on your hands, take a large screwdriver, or hammer handle and wrap the string around it several times to form a "T" handle at the end of the string to pull with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman mower clutch/brake [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman lawn tractor and something happened while mowing. Now to get the mower to go forward or reverse I have to pull back on the clutch/brake pedal. Works fine as long as I have it pulled back, but my foot is getting tired holding it in position so the mower will go. Recently...

Murray Riding Mower Spring Extension [ 8 Answers ]

I have purchased a spring - part number 165X76SEMA - for my Murray Riding Mower, model 40808X8D. The original spring broke, and I do not know where it connects to the chasis. The instructions that came with the part assumes that the original spring is still installed, and otherwise, makes no...

Craftsman lawm mower will not move when clutch is engaged [ 2 Answers ]

Craftsman lawn mower model # 917270710 will not move when I release the clutch. This happens in all gears.

Huskee riding mower clutch issue? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a newer (2005) Huskee riding mower with 50" cutting deck. Mower was working fine, then suddenly the blades stopped cutting and pulleys stopped turning. Now I cannot get the clutch to engage at all. Do I need to replace the clutch? And is this something I can do myself?

Murray riding mower, extension spring [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Murray riding mower, I took the deck off to clean it and sharpen the blades. In the process the extension spring came off and I did not see how it was connected. I have tried to see how it is connected on diagrams on the net but can not see axactly where it goes. The #is 425303X92A and the...

View more questions Search