Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labby2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2005, 12:27 AM
    Puppy poop is green! Why is that?
    I Have a litter of puppies that are 4 days old. I have a appointment tomorrow with vet.
    My pups poops are green! Sometimes with white cottage cheese chunks. I have never seen such a thing. Why is it green?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2005, 06:24 AM
    Green poop
    Hi,
    Puppy stools are normally fairly soft, but formed and usually are yellow/brown in color. Some puppy stools are green and also have stools that have an appearance of bunches of tiny seeds. If all else seems normal, these seem to be harmless and short-lived.

I am glad you have an appointment with your Vet today? and he/she can check them out.
    Congratulations on the new puppies! And the best of luck to you.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2005, 06:42 AM
    I am trying to remember what I have seen of new born puppy's stools. We visit our friends when they have a new litter. They are soft, but I don't remember green or white chunks. Maybe sort of brown and white marbled. I would think the stools might be affected by the mothers diet. She should be on a puppy chow until the puppies are weaned. The vet appointment sounds good to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy with blood in poop [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 9 week old poo-tzu, lstnight he woke up to go to the bathroom more than usual. This morning I noticed his poop was kind of runny, and looked like there may be some blood in it. Anyone know why this could be happening?? :confused:

Puppy won't poop outside [ 8 Answers ]

I just bought a six month old miniature pinscher. I have read that they are stubborn to housebreak. When I take him outside all he does is sniff around and eat bugs but will eventually pee. When he comes in, he sometimes poops within 5-10 min. I have even cought him squating and picked him up...

Help my puppy LOVES to eat poop! [ 4 Answers ]

:eek: Help! My brand new 12 week Chihuahua puppy is perfect in everyway except for his nasty habbit of eating his poop!! He even likes to eat other poop from other dogs and even deer poop that he found!! To stop him I clap really loud and say NO! He scampers away right after but then bolts right...

Help! My poop puppy [ 9 Answers ]

I just recently adopted my dog a German Shep. X. from the local humane society and for the first four days she was great. So much energy. Now she won't eat a thing and keeps throwing up early in the morning. She is still pretty playful but you can see that she is tired. I brought her the vet and at...

View more questions Search