Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    feelhappy Posts: 17, Reputation: 0
    -

Aug 9, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Rohypnol does it cause impotence in Men also?
    I heard Rohypnol, date rape drug is an essentially a small sterilization pill which make a female NEVER ABLE TO CONCEIVE in her life.

I would like to know if the same tablets cause impotence in men if consumed? Or like Rohypnol... wats the tablets used on men?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Rohypnol is a legal pharmaceutical sleeping pill in 60 countries(not the US). It doesn't cause infertility. Rohypnol is addictive; and habitual use, even for just a few weeks, can lead to physical and psychological dependence.
    -

Aug 9, 2007, 05:10 PM
    I guess you do not know much about the pill.If you Google it you will find that Rohypnol (flunitrazepam), most commonly known as a date-rape drug, continues to be abused among teenagers and young adults, usually at raves and nightclubs.. .

So my question is does it affect only women or do they use it for men also?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 05:12 PM
    The drug will work on both sexes. It is most commonly used by men to rape woman. However a man could take the drug and be raped as well.
    -

Aug 9, 2007, 05:23 PM
    I read an article and it reads like this,

Rohypnol, date rape drug is an essentially a small sterilization pill.

The drug is now being used by rapists at parties to rape AND sterilize their victims. All they have to do is drop it into the girl's drink. The girl can't remember a thing the next morning, of all that had taken place the night before. Rohypnol, which dissolves in drinks just as easily, is such that the victim doesn't conceive from the rape and the rapist needn't worry about having a paternity test identifying him months later.

The Drug's affects ARE NOT TEMPORARY - they are PERMANENT. Any female that takes it WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO CONCEIVE. The weasels can get this drug from anyone who is in the vet school or any university. It's that easy, and Rohypnol is about to break out big on campuses everywhere.

So does it make men Impotent?
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Aug 9, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Rohypnol doesn't make anybody sterile. The 'article' you read has been an e-mail hoax for nearly ten years, and has no basis in fact.

Rohypnol suppresses short-term memory and makes a person more prone to suggestion than they would be normally. It doesn't affect conception in any way, shape, or form, aside from facilitating unwanted sex.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 05:31 PM
    I think the bigger question is why are you asking?
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Please do not answer my questions through PM's.

If your husband is sleeping around rohypnol will not be the answer to get him to stop. There is no medication you can give him to make him stop.
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Aug 9, 2007, 05:45 PM
    If you were to find something that you could slip in his drinks to get him to stop, you would go to jail for doing it. That's assault, at best.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 09:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by feelhappy
    I guess you do not know much about the pill.If you google it you will find that Rohypnol (flunitrazepam), most commonly known as a date-rape drug, continues to be abused among teenagers and young adults, usually at raves and nightclubs. ...

So my question is does it affect only women or do they use it for men also?
    Actually I know quite a lot about this drug, thank you very much and I know for a fact that it will not make any woman or any man infertile! Yes, the article you have read is an internet hoax! Administering this drug to your husband is wrong, illegal, and potentially fatal!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 20, 2007, 02:06 PM
    This drug here in the US is better known as Roofies. And NO it does not cause sterlization.

Read about it here

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Progesterex Rape
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 20, 2007, 05:42 PM
    This is a poster who is having unprotected sex and is using the morning after pills each time instead of real birth control. She is trying to make the male sertile so she will not have to do anything to protect herself.

And she is beleving the internet lies instead of the truth and facts.
    This drug does not make anyone sterile PERIOD, the myths you are reading are just that.

Please see your doctor or county health clinic for proper birth control before you become pregnant or harm your health with the over medication you are taking with the massive doses of the morning after pills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For men... [ 49 Answers ]

Do married men have wet dreams? Wet dreams of another femal other than their wife? If so, why? (maybe it's a silly question but I'm curious ;) )

Uses of men [ 49 Answers ]

Girls shouldn't break up with guys because there are lots of uses that could benefit girls. When tired, a man is a pillow to sleep; When sad, a man is a handkerchief; When lonely, a man is an animal stuff to hug; When it rains, a man is an umbrella. ... But why are we so...

Impotence, decreased libido appeared on me [ 3 Answers ]

I had taken for 1mg of finastride for male pattern baldness The side effects include impotence, decreased libido appeared on me the Question am I well return again to my normal sexual state after stoping taking it or no

For all the men out there. [ 7 Answers ]

Have any of you guys noticed any changes in your penises over the years? I have noticed changes in my husbands over the past few months and was just curious in other men. Like how soon you can get an erection, stiffness, etc?? I hope it has nothing to do with him wanting me.

Anorgasmia Female Impotence [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there :) I've read a couple of entries and found the responses very helpful. Maybe one of you can help me find a new direction.. I'm stuck. My story: I'm 28, F, bisexual, sexually very experienced (I think <laughs> men, women, bdsm, sex toys.. )... and haven't orgasmed in life. Not...

View more questions Search