Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uhhohhitsna2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Grand theft 3rd degree
    I was recently charge with third degree grand theft in the United States, miami Florida. This is how the story goes, I got caught letting some friends take things from the store I was working in. The total cost was about $440. I was confronted by loss prevention and I admitted I let them get by with these items. My court date is coming in about a week and I was just wondering what should I expect? I'm 19 years old this is my first offense.
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Aug 9, 2007, 01:19 PM
    It depends on the state and how you deal with the prosecutor's office. There are lots of variables. It sounds that you are going to admit fault and face your punishment.

What state?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2007, 05:52 PM
    While of course they can send you to jail, most likely you will get probation and be ordered to pay a large fine and repay the store for any losses.

I would assume you have an attorney, if not you need one badly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3rd degree felony grand theft with a vop [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to find out information on what would be my best bet.the case is a bit complex but it is safe to say that the case was poorly represented and the evidence was week but I have two children that I'm raising on my own and they were my only concern at the time that I signed a conviction for...

Grand theft auto [ 2 Answers ]

Can you be charged weith grand theft auto as part of a repo? And can you be charged with it if you hide the car from the repo man? (this was done due to advice given by a lawyer) and then the car was ditched with the keys inside... what can I do? And what can I be charged with??

Grand theft auto [ 1 Answers ]

What are the games in order of series of being relased for ps2?

Grand Theft Auto [ 1 Answers ]

My son stole a vehicle in Kentucky and traveled to Georgia were he was arrested. He is beign charged by Georgia for transportation of stolen property and currently is held on a 7,500.00 bond in a county jail for that charge; and is also awaiting extradition to Kentucky to face charges for grand...

View more questions Search