Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nilesh_nimkar2001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2005, 08:24 AM
    Salary dispute with employeer
    Hello

I need some help regarding salary disputes with employeer.

I am on H1B and started on the project after initial bench period of 3 months. For those three months, first month, my employer did not paid any thing except $400 for monthly expences. Second and third month he paid me @30K / anum whereas LCA says ~45K/anum. He promised me to pay the difference after I got the project. He did not gave me any written confirmation but he promised verbally.

I am planning to resign the company now and just wanted to see if I can recover any balance amount from him. That is second interest but my first interest is to let DOL know about this and save consultants who have faith on this company and coming from India.

I do not want to hire any lawyer for this. My questions are .

1. How can I approach DOL ? Do they have any forms / applications to be filled in?

2. If I complaint against this employer then will that affect my credit history ? Or will it affect my H1B transfer process which is in progress right now ?

3. Does anyone have experience dealing with DOL ?

Thank you
    Nilesh
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2005, 09:12 AM
    Dol
    You can file a complaint with the DOL, as for it stoping anyone else from being hired, no that is not likely. The DOL is not the watchdog you are thinking it is.

They may mediate "YOUR" issue, but that is about all they will do. If there are several people like you complaining they may investigate.

Filing a complant should not effect credit scores, but changing jobs often does, so leaving one job, going to another will effect scores

You really need to discuss this with a labor attorney
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 22, 2005, 10:33 AM
    Nilesh:

Agree with Fr Chuck; you really need a labor lawyer.
    wzhang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 02:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesh_nimkar2001
    Hello

I need some help regarding salary disputes with employeer.

I am on H1B and started on the project after initial bench period of 3 months. For those three months, first month, my employer did not paid any thing except $400 for monthly expences. second and third month he paid me @30K / anum whereas LCA says ~45K/anum. He promised me to pay the difference after I got the project. He did not gave me any written confirmation but he promised verbally.

I am planning to resign the company now and just wanted to see if I can recover any balance amount from him. That is second interest but my first interest is to let DOL know about this and save consultants who have faith on this company and coming from India.

I do not want to hire any lawyer for this. My questions are .

1. How can I approach DOL ? Do they have any forms / applications to be filled in?

2. If I complaint against this employer then will that affect my credit history ? or will it affect my H1B transfer process which is in progress right now ?

3. Does anyone have experience dealing with DOL ?

thank you
    Nilesh

Hi,

Have you solved your case yet? I have the same problem now.
    I was wondering if you have the letter to be sent to the 'employer'. Maybe I can use that too.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    [email protected]
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 02:51 PM
    No comment!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home country salary from US salary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a L1 visa holder from india and was working in Massachusetts from aug 2005 to dec 2005 as a contractor from my original company in india. I used to receive the US salary from aug 2005 to dec 2005 for which I have the W2. During the same period I also used to receive my indian...

Dispute Letters [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone point me to a good dispute letter to CA's? One that is in line with the system so I can try to get some answers. I know some of these collectors don't have the original docs to prove the account. Do they have to have the original contract where I signed? Also I was told in the state...

Bureau not responding to dispute. What next? [ 3 Answers ]

So Im helping a friend clean up his credit (which I have done many times in the past) and I have run into a little problem. Experian is NOT responding to his requests. We resent the dispute certified to get a signature card showing that it was received and we got the card back showing that it was...

Phone Bill dispute [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I just recently came across an issue that Im struggling with, and I hope that someone will have advice for me. I currently have cell phone service through a national cellular provider, and I normally paid my bill online. Last September I was short $27 for my bill, so I asked a friend to...

Harassment and property dispute [ 3 Answers ]

My friend is in an odd situation with the county and her neighbors. The neighbor is trying to force her and her husband to allow him easement where he wants it. In order to do this he has caused the county (the judge who signed the papers denies it now, saying it is a forgery) to say their driveway...

View more questions Search