Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casey3924 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 11:00 AM
    What temp. should air be coming out of A/C vent?
    The temperature of the air coming out of the A/C vents in my house is 80 degrees. Is that normal? The temp. in my house goes up to 87 deg. During the day even though I have it set to 82. I live in Florida.
    Thanks
    Joe
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 01:11 PM
    It should be 55-62 degrees out of vent. You need to go outside and check to see if outside fan and condenser is coming on. Does the airflow out of the vent feel normal or is it not coming out as strong as usual indicating that the evaporator is iced over.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 02:27 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...tml#post462259
    SuperTyphoon Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Aug 6, 2007, 09:22 PM
    Temps in the low to mid 50s are what you want. For vents that are very very far away from the air handler, around 60 may be normal. Anything above that and you need to have something fixed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Return Air vent sucking air... and being really loud about it [ 5 Answers ]

In the middle of our living room is a return-air vent. It goes straight up to 2 of the bedrooms upstairs also. When the furnace kicks on, the noise coming from the vent down here is rediculously loud, almost to a point where nothing else is distinguishable above the wind sound. The furnace's...

Water in the basement.coming from the vent? [ 3 Answers ]

There is water coming out of the basement pipe vent (vent is just before the main pipe out to the street sewer system) every time the sump pump goes on. We snaked the pipes past the vent but it still is coming out of the pipe vent. We cannot use any water in the house without the sump pump kicking...

Differential of return temp and cooled exit air temp [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the problem I am having, I had a new unit installed last year on my new house. I noticed that the compressor runs for a long time and shut off for a short period. This got my attention and wondered if the unit is running efficiently. I had my doubts from the start since the A coil looked...

Air conditioner condenser air temp [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering if the temp coming form the outdoor condenser should be really warm, like that coming out of a furnace, or just mildly warm, like around 90. Does the temp coming out have anything to do with performance or cost? I ask this because I live in an apartment, and the downstairs...

Temp gauge showing temp, 2001 Chev Malibu [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Chev Malibu LS, V6, temp gauge is not showing any heat at all, not registering when I know the coolant is hot ? Veh has about 126000 mi on it, never been flushed out, thought I would attempt to flush myself but don't you think the problem might be a bad thermostat ? If so, where and...

View more questions Search