Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heartbeat Posts: 40, Reputation: -8

Aug 6, 2007, 08:39 AM
    UTI/Bacterial Infection
    Hi I'm 8 weeks pregnant and when I pass my urine I feel very little burning and even see some white blood cells in my urine and can even smell some foulness. I talked to my Doctor about it but she said even if I've any Bacterial infection/UTI I can't be treated until I finish my First Trimester.I was wondering whether this is correct. I'm not sure whether this can affect my baby or not? Please suggest what should I do.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 08:42 AM
    I had a UTI while I was pregnant with both of my sons, and they didn't give me antibiotics until the second trimester as well. The UTI will not affect your baby, but it will cause you some discomfort. There is always the possibility of doing harm to the baby if you give antibiotics in the first trimester, that is why they wait until it is more developed.

You just have to wait out the UTI for another month. I know it sucks, but if it were me I'd rather feel discomfort than have my baby feel discomfort :)

Aug 6, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    I had a UTI while I was pregnant with both of my sons, and they didnt give me antibiotics until the second trimester as well. The UTI will not affect your baby, but it will cause you some discomfort. There is always the possiblity of doing harm to the baby if you give antibiotics in the first trimester, that is why they wait until it is more developed.

You just have to wait out the UTI for another month. I know it sucks, but if it were me i'd rather feel discomfort than have my baby feel discomfort :)
    Thanks a lot . Can u tell the ways by which I can at least reduce the discomfort and minimize the infection.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by heartbeat
    Thanx a lot . Can u tell the ways by which I can atleast reduce the discomfort and minimize the infection.
    Take AZO Cranberry pills, they won't take away the UTI, but they will make it less "evil" so to speak :)

Aug 6, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Take AZO Cranberry pills, they wont take away the UTI, but they will make it less "evil" so to speak :)
    Thanks Again . One more thing I would like to ask . One of my friends said that more u have nausea n all other pregnancy symptoms the less likely chance that u will miscarry but I don't have much of pregnancy symptoms.I've nausea but not much and even I don't throw out much other than this I feel weak .SO just got scared with what she said.Is it true what she said.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Drink ocean spray cranberry juice by the gallon.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by heartbeat
    Thanx Again . One more thing I would like to ask . One of my friends said that more u have nausea n all other pregnancy symptoms the less likely chance that u will miscarry but I don't have much of pregnancy symptoms.I've nausea but not much and even i don't throw out much other than this I feel weak .SO just got scared with what she said.Is it true what she said.
    All pregnancies are different. There are a lot of women that don't get sick at all during pregnancy, and give birth to healthy beautiful babies. Just because there are symptoms listed, does not mean they have to or will occur. :)

Aug 6, 2007, 08:58 AM
    All pregnancies are different. There are a lot of women that dont get sick at all during pregnancy, and give birth to healthy beautiful babies. Just because there are symptoms listed, does not mean they have to or will occur. :)
    Thanks I really feel relieved n relaxed after discussing my problems n concerns in this forum:)
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 08:59 AM
    You're welcome and if you have any other concerns, just feel free to ask :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have a UTI? [ 8 Answers ]

Last night I noticed I had a frequent urge to urinate but, little came out. This morning my urine was sort of pinkish and the same thing was going on. Do I have a UTI? I am sexually active and a 16 year old female. My parents do not know that I am sexually active and I don't know how to confront...

Bacterial Vaginosis and HIV [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a 27 year old women living in the tropics... and a few weeks ago I was diagnoised with BV and Flagyl 400, Batrafen Vaginal Cream along with Fluconozole were prescribed by my Dr. I was doing my own research and read a blog where someone said that BV was a symptom of HIV... NOW I'M WORRIED LIKE...

Bacterial Infection [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what PSEUDOMO is,and how is it treated

Bacterial infection [ 3 Answers ]

I had a bacterial vaginal infection diagnosed 2 weeks ago. Saw the dr. got medicine. It cleare d up, now it's back. I have another appt. next week, but why does this keep happening. I wash everyday, keep myself clean etc. :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search