Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sllarose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Proper installation of portable cabinet light
    Hi, we purchased a hampton bay portable light kit. We plan on installing it surface mount in a new cabinet that inside measurements are 16" deep 22" wide, 37" high. We plan on using 2 glass shelves to house dishes. The cabinet has a glass door and a glass side panel the other 2 remaining sides are wood. The lights are used with a T4 120V Halogen bulb 20 watt max. We plan on using 2 surface mounts that plug in inside the cabinet. Buried in the directions are the following warnings 1) Do not use in a compartment smaler that 12" x12" x12" ( which we clear by a lot) and 2) Not intended for surface installation inside built-in furnishings such as kitchen cabinets, china cabinets or trophy cases.

Can you tell us if this really unsafe to install these? What are our risks? We would not be using this lights on a daily basis.

Thank-you.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2007, 01:06 PM
    The Disclaimer helps protect them, Halogens are Hot, I would consider LED's. Cooler, less Current(Less Money), and safer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overhead light installation [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to install a new overhead light in the front entry way of our apartment. There are two positive and two negative. Wires coming out from the ceiling along with a red ground. I'm assuming this was intended for a light and fan to be connected seperatley. My problem is the only way I can get...

Installation of fan/light combo [ 2 Answers ]

I have a habor breeze fan/light combo model # m052db5lk, but I do not have the instuctions on how to install it. I have a red wire, black wire, and a white wire coming out of my ceiling. I have two switches that operate this circuit. I just don't know which wires from the fan/light goes to what?...

Recessed light installation [ 1 Answers ]

I posted a message here several weeks ago about a contractor who simply stapled the Bx cable for recessed lights to the bottom of the joist rather than running it through the joist (1st floor of 2 story home). The electrician has finally agreed to come back after much prodding and redo the work...

Can Light Installation [ 1 Answers ]

How close can I be to a 3" PVC exhaust duct from the furnace with an IC rated can light?

Hunter Ceiling Fan Light Installation [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house with a Hunter ceiling fan with remote (no light). I went to the store and purchased a light to go with it. The instructions on the light say that I have to dismantle the entire remote system by unplugging it, but I don't see where I can do this. There are 2 black boxes with wires...

View more questions Search