Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hharden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Connecting a generator to my house
    How Can I connect a generator into my house electrical supply?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 4, 2007, 09:44 AM
    To properly connect a generator into the house wiring, to operate the homes electric system, they sell a special box, this box will disconnect the main feed line while the generator is in use. This prevents a feed bask on they system.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2007, 12:11 PM
    For selective circuits, consider a product such as this:

Reliance Manual Electric Transfer Switches for Portable Generators

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I connect my generator to my house? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I have a 5K generator that I want to connect to my house through the main circuit box in my house.. A friend of mine says there is somekind of on/off box that you connect to open the power coming in then another circuit of some kind the plugs into the generator.. has anybody heard of this? I...

Generator Help [ 14 Answers ]

OK, next question. I have bought a 6000 watt generator. It has four 110 outlets and one 220 "twist style" outlet. What I want to do is wire it into my house temporarily during winter power outages. I know already it will not run my entire house. We have two sets of gas logs, so heat is not an...

Generator problem [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a 6750 watt generator when our power was out for 3 days. It worked everything well except for the gas furnace. The furnace initiated and then gave an error code related to the voltage. When measuring the voltage across the generator I get about 140v but also can measure 50v...

Generator for the house, Guardian? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, I asked this question a long time ago, but it seems that I'm finally going to give in and buy one. I thought I could get away with just a portable generator, but after Wilma blew through South Florida, my house will not have power back until November 15th. Luckily, the weather is...

View more questions Search