Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kwlpunkchick Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Should I date my friend's ex boyfriend?
    Okay, i like this guy named chris...alot. We are both 13.My friend Tiffany doesn't want me to date him at all. Tiffany is 15!They recently broke up with each other and i really like him and she knows i do. He loves me also. Everybody is telling me to do it and i want to but tiffany said she wont be my friend if i do. She already has another boyfriend named Max tht she loves.
    I really like Chris and he likes me. Yesterday he asked me out and i said i dunno cause tiffany would get mad. but he still wants to and so do i. Tiffany knows how i feel about him and she told me to choose and i told her i had to think. she said that the moment i say yes to him me and tiffany and chris and tiffany will never be friends again!! When they were going out, chris put up with alot of crap from her so i no we'll be together for a long time cause im not like her. our friendship means kindof alot and she knows how i feel but she doesnt care. If me and chris broke up we'd still be friends. Tiffany Was also debating on making my life a living hell if i went out with him as in spreading rumors and such. I could always switch to chris's school my mom even said so but i'd be leaving my friends. by everything she's saying i can tell tht shes not tht gr8 of a friend. Also shes very controlling and bossy which is another reason y im leaning toward the fact of dating chris. I need help on who i need to choose cause my mom wont help me lol. Tiff's mom even said i wouldnt be allowed to her house agin if i did! i think hes worth it but im still confused!!!
    WHO SHOULD I CHOOSE?? HELP!!! :confused:
    fia7891 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Okay first of all you probably won't like this but you are so young 13 you probably don't know what love is trust me I was 13 before Im 20 now. Anyway you have to decide what is more important a friendship or a boyfriend which will probably not last that long honey trust me you won't be together 4ever lol lucky if you last a couple months. Just being honest. Now deciding to date him depends on how close you and your friend are personaly I wouldn't date one of my friends ex's that's just not good. Makes things to compliacated, and at 13 the last thing you should be worrying about is a boy. Have fun are you in high school yet if you are or not so much will change in those 4 years you will lose and gain so many friends and boyfriends too that's just a part of growing up. You might feel like you like even love him trust me it will pass you will probably like another guy next month.
    Xgirlfrined Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 03:53 PM
    If yoor firned want youto chose then she not a true frined.
    kwlpunkchick Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Should I Date Him?
    if u read my other entry should i date my friend's ex boyfriend? u would no tht i like a guy named chris. he's kwl. but i've been thinking. Tiffany lied to me about so much stuff i dunno if i wanna be her friend anyways. she even lied to me about having a child. yes i believed her. she swore on our friendship and at the time, her and chris's relationship. she always lies to me about everything and always swears on our friendship. it obviously doesnt mean tht much to her. i really like chris and our relationship may not last but i dont think i wanna be tiffanys friend anyways so should i go out with chris even though it is her ex bf and even though she lies to me and pushes me around? i mean tht must mean we dont have a gr8 friendship anyways right?
    so should i go out with him???
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Aug 1, 2007, 04:32 PM
    Do it! Go for it.
    First off, if your friend is lying to you, you most certainly do not have a good friendship with her.
    Secondly, DO IT! You've got nothing to lose:D
    SpawnOfAzazel Posts: 106, Reputation: 18

Aug 1, 2007, 04:46 PM
    I'm wondering what's the deal with Chris if her mom has issues with him, or your dating him. There's a lot more to this story.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 05:25 PM
    I'll tell you right now, here is a good lesson to learn at 13 - men are never worth dumping friends over. EVER.

You are only 13, there will be plenty of guys for you to date for the rest of your life and I bet there are plenty of other guys out there for you to date right now why would you risk hurting a friends feelings? Even if she has another boyfriend it still does not make it okay.

I think your mom isn't telling you what to do because this is your decision if you think you are mature enough to date then you can figure out this situation without her help (at least I'd take that stance as a mom).

Again, you make the choices you make and with every choice we make in this world comes consequences. So realize if you choose to dump Tiffany to date Chris there may be consequences that you are not ready for.
    Rarequeen Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Aug 1, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Choose your friend, boys are not worth losing your friends at such a precious age.
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Aug 1, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Date him only if you really do not care about your friendship, put yourself in her shoes first.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Damn bubble baths!.
    Sorry - I am still stumbling from a few threads ago...

Anyway, KWL, I would say that if there is ANY guy besides your friend's Ex that interests you it would certainly be easier... In fact, it would really be worth considering. Lots of folks wonder how their lives get so crazy - well, sometimes it's little choices.
    Sounds like lots of drama in and around you right now. Might be worth putting your life into a "boring" stretch and see if it isn't surprisingly less stressful. And enjoyable.
    Chelllove143 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 08:51 AM
    You ever hear of sloppy seconds.. Goin out w/ one of your friends ex boyfriends is not cool.. I understand you and Tiffany are'nt getting along.. but ask yourself "were you two having these problems before you showed interest in her ex boyfriend.. I think you should keep your options open for someone else.. because if you need to ask to go out w/ someone.. as in getting permission to do so from a friend that's a sure sign that it doesn't sit well with you and you are not all the way comfortable w/doing it... Its not worth it Im telling you.. And you thinking about changing schools for this little boy... Girl Bye!. there are plenty of guys out there.. u don't need Tiffany's old one
    Alicia is Tha 1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 09:25 AM
    In the end, only YOU can decide what you want to do but to be honest here, Tiffany doesn't seem like she is a real friend if she's willing to make your life a living hell. If I were you, I'd just forget about both of them because you don't need the drama, it isn't worth it
    amy4u Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 03:21 PM
    well I will be real with u.if u ask me I'd said no don't date chris.ur friendship is more important dan this chris person.u can replace boyfriend anytime but friends are foreva.do u want to risk tiffany friendship over this?even she is bossy I know u need her for some things and she need u too.there are a lot of guys out there for u to chose from.u don't need tiffany left overs.if u date him she will look at u so low u picking up her trash and the trust won't be there as it use to be4.and u on the other hand will be a bad friend.its shows that u don't value your friendship with her.u disrepectin her what kind of friend would u be by datin your friend ex.how will she feel when u and chris will be together coddllein and she will just stay there watching her friend and her ex together.she will be uncomfotable and its just wickedness if u ask me.and your friends will look at u as that girl that pick up trash or take people exes.u do not want to be in that mess.u too young to be in that drama.what u need to do is let him go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend won't date me if I'm a stripper [ 27 Answers ]

Recently I have been interested in becoming a stripper for a few years. But the minute I brought it up with him, he said he wouldn't date a stripper. We've been dating for about a year now, with plans on getting married. I've tried to tell him how I would like to become a stripper, and earn good...

How do you handle your best friend's boyfriend? [ 3 Answers ]

Quite frankly, I'm tired of guys thinking that they can have sex with me and my best friend. We've been friends for almost 10 years now. What makes it so bad is that we have a bad history of going for the same guys and sometimes even fighting over them. But why is that some guys think it's OK to...

Should I date my best friends ex- boyfriend? [ 22 Answers ]

My situation is kind of weird. I live with my best friend, I love her dearly and really do not want to disrespect her in any way. The reason I say this is weird is her current bf( in which she has a child with) I dated briefly... very briefly so it doesn't even matter. She hooked up with him and...

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search