Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Courtney1011 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 11:06 PM
    Bump on bottom belly button piercing. Is this scar tissue?
    I just got the bottom part of my belly button pierced a month ago.. It was healing fine with no problems when all of a sudden a few days ago I noticed a bump of what might be "scar tissue" that has formed next to my piercing. I am worried that my body is going to reject the piercing and it will come out. Idk whether its infected or scar tissue? Is this bad? What should I do??
    How do I get rid of the bump??
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 11:08 PM
    Is it extremely red? Sensitive? Have any discharge?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 11:09 PM
    Sounds like scar tissue to me, as long as there is no pain or puss around the area. Just in case, it would probably be best to have your doctor take a look at it. It's hard for us to diagnose 100% over the net! Good luck

Jul 31, 2007, 11:10 PM
    Nope, none of that
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 11:14 PM
    Prob just scar tissue but it is unsafe to just assume. See you doc anyway!
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 11:14 PM
    Okay, it sounds like it is just scar tissue then. Put a warm compress on it for 10 minutes twice a day, this should tame it down a little bit.

If you get any of the symptoms I listed above, see a doctor for some antibiotics. :)
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Have you meticulously kept the pierce clean-with solution? It may be a pus-filled area, if it is reddend. If there is no pain on touching it then you have a keliod (scar tissue) if the pierce is deep enough-rejection is not an issue. Was it done professionally?

Aug 1, 2007, 09:34 PM
    Yes.. I've been cleaning it with dial soap.. and spraying H2o ocean salt stuff the piercing place gave me.. and yes it was done professionally
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney1011
    yes.. ive been cleaning it with dial soap.. and spraying H2o ocean salt stuff the piercing place gave me.. and yes it was done professionally
    h2ocean can actually dry out piercings and cause them to get irritated, which is what can cause the overgrown scar tissue. :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 10:34 PM
    The best solution is about a 10% ethanol, with an antibacterial added to a distilled water solution-this is what I use. Salt and other methanol-based solutions and some run of the mill soaps will dry out (as nautical star pointed out) the pierce and can cause some reddening and excess scarring.

Also when I said professional it also refers to the actual skill of the "professional" some people don't provide the right information about your particular anatomy or depth requirements and a whole lot of other important information. Some just want your money and don't really have a real understanding of each piercing's pros and cons.

P.S. I have a belly pierce as well as both nipples, believe me I know about this subject-infected nipples ouch!

Cleanliness is paramount!
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 10:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayman
    The best solution is about a 10% ethanol, with an antibacterial added to a distilled water solution-this is what I use. salt and other methanol-based solutions and some run of the mill soaps will dry out (as nautical star pointed out) the pierce and can cause some reddening and excess scarring.

P.S. I have a belly pierce as well as both nipples, believe me I know about this subject-infected nipples ouch! cleanliness is paramount!
    I've had my nipples done as well, but never experienced an infection. I bet that was terrible.
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 10:39 PM
    Well the itchiness is the hardest to deal with-nipple infection was really not such an issue as I'm quite meticulous-I was referring to the possibility of an infection not to my stuation per se.

How do you find having your nips done nautical??
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 10:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayman
    How do you find having your nips done nautical???
    I liked them a lot, but had to take them out to breastfeed. I need to go have them redone, along with a few other piercings.
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 10:43 PM
    Mmm let's just say... YUM.
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 10:51 PM
    Lol.. I need to get my eyebrow and my nipples redone. I also need to get my labret redone, and THINKING about getting my "downstairs".. lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Belly Button Piercing [ 8 Answers ]

I Was Wondering... Can U Pierce An Outty?

Belly Button Piercing [ 14 Answers ]

Okay. I want to get my belly button pierced. My mom says I can get it done if I pay for it. But it costs 40 bucks and I rather not pay. My friend pierces almost every part of her body. She says the belly button is easy. I'm 14 right now and I have my ear peiced 6 times. I think I am going to...

Belly button piercing [ 4 Answers ]

How long would I have to stay out of the pool if I get my belly button done

Belly button piercing [ 5 Answers ]

Hi it's me again can I get it done with a gold earing because I'm alergic to silver and soe peopple have told me u can get it done with a gun

Bottom belly button [ 0 Answers ]

How do I know if my bottom belly button piercing is rejecting?

View more questions Search