Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rammg5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Pain and swelling on outer edge of foot
    I have swelling on the outside of my left foot. It is raised about a half-inch and is painful to the touch. What could possibly be wrong?
    jeanneb74 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 07:24 AM
    I just had that problem its basically calcium build up in your foot and unfortunately you hae to see a doctor you will have to be put on a antibiotic because if you let that go to long you get an infection .
    rammg5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I eventually did go see a doctor and it was as you said. He put me on AB and meds for the pain!
    edwardo76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 05:01 AM

The outer edge of my foot has shooting pains -could this be arthritis or gout?
    NL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 09:59 PM

I'm quite anxious... it started as a small bruise that runs horizontally on the side of my left foot, the next day it became a little more swollen but doesn't feel much until the middle of the day that a sharp sensation is felt when I put too much pressure on it, I also accidentally hit it with my other foot which may have caused it to swell more, now it's quite swollen with a buildup of fluid which I believe is blood because of its redness specially when I run my finger on it... it doesn't feel painful whenever I'm at reast or sitting unless when I try to walk. I researched and tried to find the possible causes. My grandmother died of diabetes, but so far, my blood sugra level isn't that high, nor do I show the symptoms for both types of diabetes, I also don't think I have heart problems or any thing related, so this swelling really puzzles me. Any suggestions, any response would be much appreciated, thank you in advance... :]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foot pain on side of foot [ 33 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is? Thanks..

Foot pain and swelling top cneter portion of my foot [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: The top of my foot is swollen and in pain. Thye took and exray and it showed degenerative changes in my foot? What does that mean? :confused:

Foot pain [ 1 Answers ]

I Have Really Bad Right Side Foot Pain That Goes Up Into The Ankle. I Didn't Do Anything Like Fall Or Walk On It Funny. It Just All Of A Sudden Started Hurting. Should I Go See A Docter, It's Been 2 Days And Over The Counter Meds Help A Little But Not Enough To Keep Me On My Feet For A Long Time.

Pain And Swelling In The Foot [ 1 Answers ]

My Girlfriend Woke Up The Other Day With Pain And Swelling In Her Left Foot At First We Just Thought She Had Possibly Sprained It Somehow But Just Now She Felt Like A Popping Sensation And Can't Put Any Pressure On It! Any Ideas? Cheers

Foot pain need help [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I'm in marching band and I've done so for the past three years (this is my fourth) and I've never had problems with my feet it's always been my knees and sometimes ankles. However recently, I've been getting these sharp pains in the arch of my foot when I stand on the balls of my feet when I'm...

View more questions Search