Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Jul 1, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Burning sensation in vagina when drinking alcohol
    Hi I'm new here. I don't know if this is the topic under which I should ask this question.
    Well Every time I drink just even an ounce or a few sips of alcoholic drinks, I get a burning sensation in my vagina almost immediately. Just within a couple to five minutes after taking the few sips. It lasts only about 10 to 20 minutes at the most, and the other day I drank two tablespoons of a cough syrup that contains 10% alcohol and got that sensation within 2 minutes of drinking it. It only lasted about 7 minutes though.
    And I drink alcohol very seldom but when I do, that happens. Is it normal or could it be something more serious??
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by METERRE
    Hi i'm new here. I don't know if this is the topic under which I should ask this question.
    Well Everytime I drink just even an ounce or a few sips of alcoholic drinks, i get a burning sensation in my vagina almost immediately. Just within a couple to five minutes after taking the few sips. It lasts only about 10 to 20 minutes at the most, and the other day I drank two tablespoons of a cough syrup that contains 10% alcohol and got that sensation within 2 minutes of drinking it. It only lasted about 7 minutes though.
    And I drink alcohol very seldom but when i do, that happens. Is it normal or could it be something more serious???
    You may be allergic to alchohol-more than likely.

Jul 4, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Does anyone else experience this?? Anything else that it could be??
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Do you get vaginal pain at any other time?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jul 5, 2007, 05:32 AM
    I get it also whenever I drink alcohol. I don't consider it pain, though. I thought it was more like a slight burning feeling in my urethra. It's almost like I need to urinate but I don't really have to. It only lasts a few minutes and then no problem after that so I just ignore it. :)

Jul 8, 2007, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by METERRE
    Hi i'm new here. I don't know if this is the topic under which I should ask this question.
    Well Everytime I drink just even an ounce or a few sips of alcoholic drinks, i get a burning sensation in my vagina almost immediately. Just within a couple to five minutes after taking the few sips. It lasts only about 10 to 20 minutes at the most, and the other day I drank two tablespoons of a cough syrup that contains 10% alcohol and got that sensation within 2 minutes of drinking it. It only lasted about 7 minutes though.
    And I drink alcohol very seldom but when i do, that happens. Is it normal or could it be something more serious???
    Yeah it is like a burn, not pain, and I do feel like urinating but don't, it's just uncomfortable and I don't like to feel it. If I keep drinking the drink I keep feeling it, otherwise it goes away in a few minutes.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Is it with all types of alcohol (beer, wine, bourbon etc.) it may be gluten related. Otherwise become a non-drinker! It's way better for you!

Jul 9, 2007, 08:06 PM
    I rarely drink but when I do it's a white russian or bahama mama or coolers. Funny though it also happens with a cough syrup containing alcohol.
    kismet1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 11:00 PM
    This happens to me too and I have never known why but it doesn't seem harmful. I was intimate with my ex-boyfriend after drinking a couple of glasses of champagne and he mentioned that I was really "warm." So I figured it couldn't be a bad thing! :)
    Howzthis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 12:45 AM
    If this only happens when you drink alcohol, and you have no other symptoms, probably no reason to worry. If it also happens when you ingest caffiene, spicy foods, or other types of stimulants, it may be an indicator of Interstitial Cystitis. See a Urologist for diagnosis & treatment.
    usps63 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2009, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by METERRE View Post

I have the same problem except that it is not the vagina that I get this burning sensation, but the urethra. I'm wondering if that is actually what you meant in your post.
    I truly hope someone can give me an answer because it really is bothersome, and it's not like I drink a lot, only 1 or 2 bottles a week. I'd rather not give it up, just wish I had an answer.
    I appreciate any help that anyone can give, thank you
    brunette29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2009, 08:10 PM
    I get it TOOO

My vagina/vulva gets like warm and aroused whenEVER I drink white wine... I can't find out it if just an aphrodisiac-ish response or.. what??
    blondeber22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2010, 03:46 PM
    I get that problem too! I thought it was psychosomatic, but now I see that a lot of people have that issue, so I must not be crazy!

Www.downtherevaginalpain.blogspot.com
    usps63 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2010, 06:26 PM
    I guess you can call it "comforting" that I'm not the only one with this problem. I've had every test done the doctor asked for, no answers. Now I just make sure to drink water before I consume any alcohol. It definitely helps. In fact, since I've started adding more water to my diet, I find that I seldom have the burning sensation anymore. Hope this helps any of you out there with the same problem.
    ZanZan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 05:33 AM
    Well I felt compelled to seek and answer after I was mentioning that things become ( what I describe as) slightly awake in my lower parts even after one sip of alcohol. Sometimes the sensation is welcomes at other times highly inapropriate as you could imagine. Having talked to a friend about it... and being called "weird" I decided to Google my symptoms... im glad to see I'm not alone :0)
    jaybeo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2011, 09:59 PM
    I get the same thing and I recently drank niqiul and got the burning sensation as well!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burning sensation in right hip [ 5 Answers ]

I have had a burning sensation in my right hip for quite some time, I have not found a doctor that the give me any help. Can anyone help. THANKS.

Weird pregnancy sensation [ 4 Answers ]

I am 15 weeks pregnant and I have been feeling weird sensations for 7 weeks now. It feels like a tendon pops to the side or a fish flipping in my stomach and happens when I bend over or turn a certain way. I've been pregnant before and never felt this.

Tingling sensation of the heart [ 1 Answers ]

The last couple of nights I have been waking up with a tingling sensation in my heart. Last night the tingling sensation went through to the left left arm. My husband went to the hospital last week with a fluttering heart and was diagnosed with artrial fibrilation last week. I am not sure...

Drinking alcohol while breast-feeding? [ 24 Answers ]

My friend has a 2 month old baby boy. She is breastfeeding. She never drank while she was pregnant but since she has had baby she has been drinking 3-4 times a week (that I know of). She even drank a beer while she was breast feeding... Is this bad or does it not affect the baby..? If it is...

View more questions Search