Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marisaa22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 06:43 PM
    6weeks after giving birth and still bleeding.
    I gave birth naturally six weeks ago, and I am still bleeding... 2 days ago I thought I was done since I had pretty much finished the lochia stage, but I woke up to bright red bleeding and small clots. I have no idea what is going on and I can't get to the doctor till Tuesday. I am strictly breastfeeding, and I was not expecting to get my period for a while... does anyone know what is going on? This didn't happen with my first child, and I feel clueless.. :(
    hklein01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marisaa22
    I gave birth naturally six weeks ago, and I am still bleeding...2 days ago I thought I was done since I had pretty much finished the lochia stage, but I woke up to bright red bleeding and small clots. I have no idea what is going on and I can't get to the doctor till tuesday. I am strictly breastfeeding, and I was not expecting to get my period for a while...does anyone know what is going on?? This didn't happen with my first child, and I feel clueless..:(
    This is very normal, a lot of women will bleed even while breastfeeding. It should stop within a week or two. See you Dr on Tuesday, but don't worry everything is okay. I know as I have 4 kids and had natural births for all of them and breastfeed. Let me know how you're doing and if you have any other questions feel free to email me. Heather
    marisaa22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marisaa22
    I gave birth naturally six weeks ago, and I am still bleeding...2 days ago I thought I was done since I had pretty much finished the lochia stage, but I woke up to bright red bleeding and small clots. I have no idea what is going on and I can't get to the doctor till tuesday. I am strictly breastfeeding, and I was not expecting to get my period for a while...does anyone know what is going on?? This didn't happen with my first child, and I feel clueless..:(
    I am still bleeding... this is ridiculous... I am still having birght red bleeding and clots... but no one is listening to me. I am going on 8 weeks now, and I really can't take it anymore. I am exclusively breastfeeding still, and my doctors are clueless. Unfortunately I go to the worst military hospital, and they are of no help. I just really don't want to have something go wrong and I can't have anymore kids because of this. Does anyone know anything... please... I need someone to tell me something other then wait it out it will stop EVENTUALLY.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Are you on Tricare? If so, put in a request to go to a civilian doctor. I am a military spouse, and military doctors are of no help to me either.

You need to get to a doctor, ASAP. You could be hemorraging and it needs to be taken care of right away.

Do NOT wait it out, if you are bleeding internally it needs to be taken care of, like NOW! :)
    melissa1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 5

Jul 28, 2007, 09:31 AM
    When I had my baby I didn't stop bleeding for 8weeks and then I had my period was horrible
    lbahir Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 07:04 PM
    Hi after my 6 week bleeding after birth I had my normal period that lasted 7 days, than 1 week later I had my period again? than I finished 7 days later again, now 2 days later I am spotting blood again. This is my second child and it wasn't like this with my first. Any advice? Thanks
    lbahir Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 07:05 PM

Hi after my 6 week bleeding after birth I had my normal period that lasted 7 days, than 1 week later I had my period again? than I finished 7 days later again, now 2 days later I am spotting blood again. This is my second child and it wasn't like this with my first. Any advice? Thanks
    joan316 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 11:09 AM
    My daughter called me last night and I found out she just stopped bleeding on thanksgiving, she gave birth September 2, 2009. That's 11 weeks of bleeding, I thought that was odd so looked it up that's how I ended up here, now after reading all of this I am thinking different. She also hasn't gotten a regular period, she is breastfeeding. I didn't breast feed and my bleeding stopped after like 2-3 weeks both times. Then by 2 mo. Later my periods were normal. I hope what's is going on with everybody is normal it tends to sound like it is since I am coming across so many with the same issue. She is in Alaska and has no insurance I am in Florida so I just heard about all of this. Somebody let me know if you find anything out. Thanks
    TBR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 01:35 AM
    I'm still bleeding after 6 weeks of giving natural birth.it wasn't that heavy after 3weeks I stopped but 2days later I started again heavy-ish and with some clotts it also smells abit,which isn't nice. My doctor said it's because my body is getting back to how it was and the hormoans. I was told it should stop by the end of the week if not then she going to have a look at me.
    wasana Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 02:57 AM
    I gave birth 13 weeks ago. I sometimes have a few spots of brown blood. I have no pain now. I try to see a GP but the health care system here is really not easy for me. I am afraid something wrong with me. Last month I had pap smear, I had bleeding later for 10 days then stopped, and now bleeding again. My appointment is in next two weeks. I do not know what to do, only wait and wait.
    babylizzy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 10:31 PM
    what did anyone find out?? I had my daughter about 10 1/2 weeks ago and stopped bleeding around 4 weeks then I thought I started my period around week 7 as it lasted a few days. Then started again at 9 weeks and lasted 5 days but was very light... almost spotting. I called my doc and a nurse said 'o you are fine that is normal.' so OK... I'm just supposed to where a pad everyday in case I randomly bleed? That doesn't seem to normal to me but hey I'm no doc. Also I have been having sex so am I pregnant again and that was implantation bleeding? When do I take a test to see if that is it? Ugghh my mind just wonders! Good luck to you all!
    wasana Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 12:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wasana View Post
    I gave birth 13 weeks ago. I sometimes have a few spots of brown blood. I have no pain now. I try to see a GP but the health care system here is really not easy for me. I am afraid something wrong with me. Last month I had pap smear, I had bleeding later for 10 days then stopped, and now bleeding again. My appointment is in next two weeks. I do not know what to do, only wait and wait.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    Actually, I have already found out that '' The contraceptive injection cause of my bleeding''. I have never had experience so I cannot know it should bleeding like this. Everything has already settled down. I do not have bleeding any more.

However, I am worried with my Pap Smear result. The laboratory is enable to give the result to me, even I have checked two times already. I hope everything is O.k. I am going to do it again next 3 months. :)
    LacyJay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2010, 12:21 AM
    My problem was my birth control. This is my 3rd child and I am brestfeeding but after 7 weeks I was still bleeding. This didn't happen with my other two. The only thing that was different was that my husband wasn't deployed and I started birth control after 2 weeks. They gave me the one without estrogen. After missing just one pill I stopped for a day then had a very light period for 2 days and that's it. Maybe this will help others!!
    noramcd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2012, 08:46 AM
    I had a baby six weeks ago its my first and ian only 18 and don't know what is normal and what's not but the bleeding stopped last week but I woke up this morning and heavy bleeding and small cloths also callosed yesterday went doctor and had low blood pressure is this normal or nor
    Thanks x
    bethtiwaken Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2013, 01:40 AM
    I gave birth 6 weeks ago with my 2nd child but I'm still bleeding. My OB gave me tranexamic acid to stop my bleeding but I'm still bleeding after consuming it all and it bothers me a lot because I didn't experience this with my 1st child. What should I do? My Ob said that my bleeding should stop few weeks after giving birth but should not reach 6 weeks. :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Periods after giving birth [ 3 Answers ]

Since giving birth on the 3 April I have had 2 periods the 1st was on 9th may and lasted 5 days and the 2nd was the 20th may and lasted 2 days,it was heavy and didn't lighten like a normal period it just stopped.I have not been called for my 6 week check yet but should I tell the doctor when I do...

Cat giving birth [ 1 Answers ]

My cat has been losing mucas for a couple of days now, do you know when she will start begin the second stage of labor - she has been having contractions.

Chihuahua giving birth [ 3 Answers ]

my chihuahua dog just gave birth to 5 puppies (2 were born dead) the last puppy that was born was alive but we couldnt get the placenta out of the mom.... what should i do????:confused:

Giving Birth [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there are any free videos to watch on internet of a woman giving birth? Want to know...

View more questions Search