Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tainted love Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Vaginal discoloration
    Hello. I'm a 28 year old married man. I have been with my wife for five years and I recently started going down on her, but I noticed that her inner vaginal lips are a little black at the end, which must have just started happening because it wasn't like that before. I'm confused because she washes herself a lot and does it carefully. I'm not sure what the problem can be, an infection maybe? Someone help:confused: I don't know if she knows about it, and I'm scared to tell her because it might embaress her, she's very cautious about me going down on her and tries to get me to not see her vaginal area, so I'm guessing she does know about it, I don't know what to do.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 27, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Do you two have any children?

Jul 27, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Not yet, but we are planning on having children in the future. Why?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 27, 2007, 11:49 AM
    What happens is that after time and "use" the vagina contracts and constricts. It's normal tightness, if you will, looses some rigidity due to sex.

I asked if you have had children because this is VERY common in women have had children, but it is really normal in other women as well.

This is quite common and very normal actually. Unless there is an odor or unusual discharge I think you have nothing to worry about.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 11:52 AM
    This isn't anything to be embarrassed about. Get a mirror for her and both of you look at her genitals together. Talk about them and the change of color. (Are you sure the color changed?)

Woman's genitals can change as they mature and have lots of sex. Some women have birthmarks on their genitals.

As always, a visit to the gynecologist settles the matter.

Jul 27, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Ok, thank you. I just talked to her about it actually and she said she knew about it, says she's embaressed about me going down on her because she thought it meant there was something wrong with her or that I would think she isn't clean. Thank you for clearing this up.

Jul 27, 2007, 11:56 AM
    She's with me right now, I just asked her if she knew how long it has been like that and she said it's been a brownish black ever since she was around age 15. So you are completely sure that this is normal?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 12:05 PM
    It's normal . Move on!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Some women are like that, a lot actually... don't sweat it.
    fiona_k20 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 12:30 PM
    My inner vaginal lips are the same as your wife's. I thought I was the only one and was scared to let my fiancé go down on me because of it.
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2007, 12:33 PM
    I'd say a good portion of the women I have gone out with prior to marriage were like that. Over 50% as a very rough guess. Don't deny yourself that pleasure because you have darker pigmentation or your vagina is asymetrical (one side has longer lips than the other). No two women have vagina's that look exactly alike. And Playboy does airbrush the photos.

Jul 27, 2007, 12:34 PM
    If my fiancé notices it, what should I say to him? What if he doesn't believe me when I tell him it's normal?
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Why would he even comment on it? Don't worry about something that's not an issue. Unless he is a virgin its extremely likely his last girlfriend was like that as well.

Jul 27, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Ok, thank you.
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2007, 01:04 PM
    And if he does by chance you can just say " for the same reason I have this color hair and eyes, It's just how I am." And know that you have a good percentage of the other women who share the same characteristics. And Southeast Asian, Indian or Latina women may likely have a higher percentage like that than Caucasian women.

Jul 27, 2007, 01:24 PM
    I am Caucasian, but am Italian, does that matter?
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 04:04 PM
    Totally normal! I'm surprised you didn't notice this earlier.

Actually perhaps a little more common in mederterranian women it is (as J_9 pointed out) a little more pronounced during pregnancy/ post natally. It is a melanin-based colouration.

It is similar to linea nigra (a black line extending from the belly down to the pubis on some heavily pregnant women)
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fiona_k20
    I am Caucasian, but am Italian, does that matter?
    I'd say more likely than say a blond Norwegian. If you are dark haired and/or have dark pigmented lips and nipples or tan easily and darkly I'd say its more likely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moles/facial discoloration [ 2 Answers ]

I have moles on my face, they attract a lot of attention, is there any way that I can remove them, do you think laser surgery will be a good idea? Flava

Hair Follicles Discoloration [ 0 Answers ]

Okay I hope I am using the right terms but I have a problem with my hair follicles just where the hair grows out of the skin, it is darker than the skin that surrounds it. It just around my legs and I want to shave my legs more often (or wax) but I find it annoying to have these tiny spots all...

Skin discoloration of the buttocks [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how I can make my buttocks lighter? I am a african american female that has a dark area around my buttocks and I wonder if there's any thing I can do about it.

Toe pain and discoloration [ 1 Answers ]

For the last two years about the same time (February), I have developed numbness and pain and discoloration in the same toe. It appears to be a blister, however the pain kept me up all night. Last year I attributed the pain to exfoliating and going to the tanning bed before vacation. However...

Age spots, discoloration and sagging skin [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have lots of age spots and discoloration and sagging skin can someone suggest the best skin lightner and antiaging product on the market please Thanks

View more questions Search