Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddohanyos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Air conditioner on.no cold air
    My AC unit has been running for several hours, but the house is no cooler than when it started. What could be my problem?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 09:24 PM
    Check your breakers in the breaker panel it will be a two pole breaker, also check your fuses at the outdoor unit ( they will be in a box on the wall ajacent to the A/C unit outside) May be the outdoor unit is not running.
    You might also take a water hose and wash the condenser (outside unit) if it is low on refrigerant you will probably have to call some one, let me know if this does not work and I will give you more things to check. Mike
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

Jul 24, 2007, 09:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ddohanyos
    My AC unit has been running for several hours, but the house is no cooler than when it started. What could be my problem?
    Mine did that, and I had grass clippings inside the grates of my a/c unit. The line was frozen going into the house. Needless to say, I took my garden hose and flushed the clippings out of the unit. That's what my particular problem was. I'd follow the 1st reply to your question.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 04:43 AM
    In addition to the above mention, check and be sure your air filter is clean. You can open inside unit up and look and see if the coils are iced up.Is both the inside and outsid fans running?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leak from air conditioner air handler [ 6 Answers ]

How do I stop water from dripping from my air handler? The technician has checked the pans, drains, and freon with no luck. He is stumped as to where the water is coming from.

Air Conditioner .Air handler too.both stopped? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an air handler in the garage that started leaking a week or so ago. I have an ouside air conditioner (central?) and it also has stopped... when I move the thermostat I hear it click on but no air... Anybody?

Air conditioner condenser air temp [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering if the temp coming form the outdoor condenser should be really warm, like that coming out of a furnace, or just mildly warm, like around 90. Does the temp coming out have anything to do with performance or cost? I ask this because I live in an apartment, and the downstairs...

Day & Night forced air heater keeps blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday my heater was working as normal. Today I replaced the filter in my Day & Night forced air heater. Later I bumped my thermostat when walking by it, but I'm not certain that this caused the problem. My heater turned on and blew hot air. I turned it all the way down, but the fan...

View more questions Search