Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sam_varg Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Ice maker water inlet valve connection
    I am planning to replace my water inlet valve of my referigrator ice maker. I am confused with the electric connection. The +ve or -ve is not marked on the referigrator side or valve side. Please advice how to find this. Or Is it OK if I connect it anyway?

Thanks
    Sam
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Is this a single or dual valve? Single valve doesn't matter.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2007, 10:26 AM
    AC doesn't have + and -. Where you just have a coil, hot and neutral doesn't make much difference after the switch. Hot is always switched.

Jul 18, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire1
    Is this a single or dual valve? Single valve doesn't matter.

It's a single valve.
    Thanks
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Plug it it and let it make ice. You are good to go

Jul 19, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    AC doesn't have + and -. Where you just have a coil, hot and neutral doesn't make much difference after the switch. Hot is always switched.

Yes that's what I meant to say. I have hot and netural from the refrigator side and two points in the inlet vlave. Doest it matter which one should go to which point?

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercing saddle valve for ice maker [ 16 Answers ]

I want to install a water supply line for the ice maker in a new refrigerator. Are the piercing saddle valves safe? I am worried that it might leak after a while. Is it better to install a real brass T with a 1/4 inch valve? Also, I noticed a recommendation on this site to tap the HOT water...

Low water pressure to ice maker [ 3 Answers ]

I have an ice maker that is not working correctly: it produces hollow ice cubes and makes whining and clicking sounds almost continuously. Occasionally I have to dig the chucks out of the dispenser so that it can make new ice. I believe it is due to low water pressure as the water dispenser does...

Ice maker water won't turn off [ 3 Answers ]

I have a modular whirlpool ice maker that's doing some weird things. Initially it wouldn't do anything. Using the diagnostics supplied w the frig/ice maker, the optics system is working OK. So then I went on to diagnose the modular section and, according to instructions, jumpered the thermostat....

View more questions Search