Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Augy123 Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Jul 6, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Water Heater shutting off
    I woke up this morning to luke warm water. I checked the gas water heater and noticed it wasn't running. I didn't smell gas so I flipped the blower motor off and then back on the pilot lit and began to heat the water. When I got home this evening I realized there was no hot water again and found the same situation as before with the water heater. It's an A.O. Smith Power Shot unit. Any ideas before I call in a professional? Thanks.
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 12, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Blower motor for a water heater? Is the pilot remaining lit?

XenoSapien
    ThomasCKeat Posts: 157, Reputation: 12

Jul 12, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Thermo-coupler?
    Augy123 Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Jul 16, 2007, 06:48 PM
    It was just the igniter needed cleaned. The blower is the exhaust fan.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XenoSapien
    Blower motor for a water heater?
    Yes, Xeno, there are H/W tanks equipped with blower motors.

They are typically referred to as 'Power Vent H/W Tanks'.

I'm surprised you didn't pick up that nugget of information in your 8 years of being a 'Paperless Plumber'.
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 17, 2007, 03:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgrowler
    Yes, Xeno, there are H/W tanks equipped with blower motors.

They are typically referred to as 'Power Vent H/W Tanks'.

I'm surprised you didn't pick up that nugget of information in your 8 years of being a 'Paperless Plumber'.
    I work in a 702 unit property with very standard equipment that is usually one type of unit. We don't have time to draw pictures. Very funny.

XenoSapien

I also didn't realize that I had to be a "know it all" after eight years in the field. Thanks for pointing that out, iamgrowler.

XenoSapien

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help deciding between a tank or tankless water heater [ 19 Answers ]

Which one saves me money; the tankless water heater or conventional tank water heater? :confused:

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

State Select Electric Hot Water Heater Shutting Off [ 27 Answers ]

We have a fairly new electric State Select brand hot water heater that recently began shutting off and we have to use the reset button to turn it back on. We cannot locate the owners manual and do not know how to adjust the elements to correct this issue. Can anyone help or tell us what could...

After shutting off the water from the shut off valve [ 2 Answers ]

I own a 3 flat and after shutting down the water from the shut off valve, upon turning it back on the water pressure has not been the same. There is a lot of noise in the pipes when Turning on the water. And the Water tank girggles some times, when it never did this before. It sounds like...

My goodman heater keeps shutting off [ 4 Answers ]

Manufacturer: Goodman / model PGB030075-1 / serial no: 0104616662 Age: 6 years Type of system: Heating and air conditioning Type of fuel: LP

View more questions Search