Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mowman1985 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Is a verbal agreement witnessed by a third party a legal binding?
    I live in Ohio and made a verbal agreement with a lady to buy a home, we had a verbal agreement between me and her she also made this agreement known with my mortgage broker as well... so in Ohio law will that make it a legal binding contract?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jul 16, 2007, 02:27 PM
    I'm sorry but verbal agreements for the sale of land are not binding. All you need to make it a legally binding contract is a piece of paper with the names of the buyer and seller, some form of description of the property (such as an address), a purchase price, an estimated closing date, and the signatures of the buyer and seller.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 03:12 PM
    That's pretty much up to the whim of the judge. Some judges consider verbal agreements to be binding and some not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Verbal Agreement- Binding or No? [ 6 Answers ]

I am in Ohio. I have a verbal agreement with someone. The agreement was that he would purchase some software and equipment for me, and that I would pay him back with a percentage of the proceeds of the small business I was starting. He became angry with me and now wants me to give him back his...

Roommate leaving- is a verbal agreement for the time she will pay rent binding in OHIO [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Ohio. My husband and I allowed a friend to move in to our house until she got back on her feet. Well, she's on her feet, makes plenty of money, never paid her rent on time, etc... general roommate horrors. Now, we asked her to leave about two weeks ago and that she be out by mid...

Are oral/verbal contracts binding in New Jersey? [ 2 Answers ]

Situation: In April of this year (2007), I began to search for a new apartment. Shortly after, I was contacted by a friend offering me to look at his apartment as it would be available on June 1st. Since my lease in my old apartment would end in mid June, I thought the timing was just right. My...

Unsigned lease, but verbal commitment - legally binding? [ 7 Answers ]

I recently leased a large commercial space in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, but have not yet signed the lease. I have paid 2 months rent as a deposit, and was given 3 months rent free to do renovations. I am now in my first week of business, and things are very slow. What I need to know is, am I...

Is this rental agreement still binding [ 5 Answers ]

My husband & I paid a Real Estate Agency to rent our home & collect the rent etc. for a fee. It was going smoothly until someone supposedly embezzled money from the company. The company went out of business. We were wondering if the renters are still obligated to pay us the same way they were...

View more questions Search