Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amfspirit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 03:29 PM
    How to wire a mechanical pool timer
    I have a T104R mechanical pool timer. The wires coming from the circuit breaker switch are red,black& white. Where do each of these wires go?
    Your help would be greatly appreciated.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 15, 2007, 04:22 PM
    You should confirm the power in these wires with a tester. White should be neutral and the red and black are hot, this is a 220 vac timer. Describe the terminals in your T10, there should be three and they are normally labeled. If you don't have a wiring diagram you can get it from Intermatic.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2007, 06:27 PM
    This is info for T 104 R:

http://www.intermatic.com/images/catalog/pages/026.pdf

This is even better:
    http://www.intermatic.com/images/ins...heets/T104.pdf
    cyoung311 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 01:45 PM
    My wiring scheme has 2 red wires and 3 black wires. The two red ones are each attached to a ganged 15Amp breaker, thus they are the "line" wires. One of the black is a "neutral wire. The other two wires are the "load" wires. Now that I know which is which I can go to Home Depot and buy another T104 to replace the new one that got fried with the wrong wires in the wrong places.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 02:10 PM

Are you in US or Canada?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2008, 02:56 PM

If in the US, I don't understand 2 reds on 2 poles of breakers and being neutral.
    If you hook 240 volts to a 120 volt timer motor it will fry, don't know of anything else that can fry in that timer box. Is this 120 or 240 Volts?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

220 Volt Pool Timer [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to install an Intermatic Swimming Pool Mechanical Timer 220V - T104P3 to my exciting pump. I have two live wires coming from the breaker box which I labeled Line 1 & Line 2, there is also a ground wire. Then I have to wires coming from the pump which I labeled Load 1 & Load 2. I have...

How should I set the timer for my pool filter? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a rectangular above ground pool 16 by 24 feet by 4 feet deep. I live in New Hampshire. I have the ability to set the timer for the sand filter to go on and off twice a day. What time would be best to set it for, and for how many total hours per day should the sand filter run?

Hooking -up a pool pump from a new timer when wires are not right [ 1 Answers ]

I honestly thought this was going to be a slam dunk and now I'm ridiculed amongst my peers. The wires coming from a pipe that is cemented in the ground are not your normal black white ground. There are 2 black and a green. Coming from the pump there are 2 red and 1 gray . The timer has indicated...

Timer For Aboveground Pool Pump [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I am a pool novice. I have a frameset aboveground pool with a cheesy pump - 1/16 HP, 120V. It's plugged into a heavy duty garage outlet, but it's not clear if it's a GFCI. What kind of pump timer can I use that is safe and inexpensive, possibly GFCI? Thanks!

View more questions Search