Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrazyPeaches Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 08:59 PM
    What's A Good Gift To Give My Boyfriend?
    Hello everyone!

Me and my boyfriend have been going out for 4 months, and he is moving to another state. I won't see him for a year(so yes he is coming back). I really love him a lot! But I don't know what to get him 4 his goodbye present which makes me feel like I'm a bad girlfriend if I don't get him a good present. I was thinking of something romantic but I still can't find anything that expressed my love for him!! :confused: :confused:
    driven Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jul 14, 2007, 09:08 PM
    Well in my experience guys aren't like girls when it comes to gifts... if he's like any of the guys I know (my friends, boyfrends or family) he won't mind if he doesn't get a gift. Spend some quality time with him before he goes make it special a memory he can hold on to... but gift wise, make it something pratical that he'll ave a use for and not put down in a corner and might forget... u know him better so you should know what he uses regularly.
    serena6878 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Jul 14, 2007, 09:09 PM
    An Italian angel doll which means love:)
    Whatever you give him would be important.
    Wish you had a happy future!
    ILOVEKDB Posts: 17, Reputation: 8

Jul 14, 2007, 11:07 PM
    from a guys point of veiw... I would give him something he can wear... like a neckles or sweat shirt... it doesn't have to be fancy or expensive, and he might be embarrassed to wear hearts (you know him so you can determain) but the best idea would be soemthign that's yours... like a not to girly sweat shirt you have... or maybe one of you fav neckleses... it doesn't have to be perminant, he can give it back if you want/need it just soemthing to remind him of you while your gone, my girlfriend gave me "her cross" which is a neckles she almost always wore... her uncule bought it got it for her, and it means a lot to her... I haven't taken it off since and I haven't seen her in 2 months : ( Just give him something with value to you, that he can have to remember you... or if you don't like that idea make him something... I know it sounds kidding but I know people from ages 12-17 that have made things like "build-a-bear" or even a simple card for there boyfriends... I have one, and I look at it and hold it it everyday... just thinking of her... I think giving him soemthign that's your or making him something is the best idea... as far as that goes... you know him best, think about what he would want
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2007, 11:09 PM
    Give him a picture of you two in a frame. He can set it up wherever he is going and look at it all day if he wants to. Then, in a way, it will be like you are there with him.

Its also a good reminder for him to call you... lol :)
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Frankly I wouldn't give him anything at all. You've only been with him for 4 months and now he's leaving the state for (at least) a year. He obviously doesn't have a strong commitment to you. I don't mean that in a negative sort of way but if you impute more to this "relationship" than there is, you're going to end up disappointed and hurt. Don't lead yourself on, which is what I think you're doing.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Hello crazy:

You want him to REMEMBER you. Guys are dumb. The last thing in, is going to be the last thing he remembers about you.

Therefore, I suggest that you give him YOU. Invite him to dinner at your favorite romantic restaurant. Buy a good Champaign. Seduce him... Take him to a hotel. Wear sexy underwear. Do something different. Put on a little shorty maids dress. Then do him like you've never done him before...

Personally, I'd like a present like that... if you couldn't tell already.

excon
    ILOVEKDB Posts: 17, Reputation: 8

Jul 15, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Ok the guy above is a perv... I mean some guys like that, I can't say I wouldn't like, but there are other stuff that means a lot more I look back at old notes and remember all the times we had togther... our first kiss, and different stuff some phyiscal like when we made out and a little mor ebehind the sizzle at the fair, and the Sunday at the park... but other is mental... like our first kiss (that was an emotional thing because we talked the whole night and it meant a lot to both of us) and how we stayed up on the phone all night that till like 4 in the morning talking... so in my opion give him something to remember you guy.. also if you have his email write him letters almost everyday, and take pictures of yourself (any way you like, it can be you and some friends just you smiling, you with less cloths on, anythign you think would make him smile, and remember you) and email them to him... If your lucky he'll do the same if not maybe ask him everynow and then that way you guys don't lose connact with each other...
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Cook for him! If I had a boyfriend, I'd cook for him, seeing him enjoy the food you cook, best time in life!:)
    shruthy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 11:25 PM
    Hmmm... if I was in your situation I would have gifted him a printed photo of we both on a bed cover/pillow cover.. tat will be cute=)n spend some special tym with him before he leave!
    jordie16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 03:24 PM
    I don't mean to sound mean but if he's going for a year.. then most likely it will end up in a bad situation.. on the other hand you both might really love each other and make it work. Id get my boyfriend a leather wallet with a picture of you in that way he will see you everday because honestly when do guys leave home without their wallets? And just make your last night special. That could be watching movies.. or going out for a mean. Can be anything important to you and make a happy memory
    Best wishes
    X

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My anniversary is soon approaching.what gift can I give? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey! People please help me out... I have been in a relationship for almost 3year's now... Our 3rd anniversary is soon approaching in a weeks time... I want to give him a gift that he will remember for a life time! Suggest me a good gift :) I am confused :confused: I really don't know what to do?...

What Special gift could I give my ex boyfriend? [ 10 Answers ]

I need to give my ex boyfriend a special gift of Appreciation - a well deserved Thank YOU? If I Thank Him I can find some closure in my life... Thanks

Gift Ideas for Boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend loves theatre, coffee,foreign language and culture, reading and building (mostly sets for theatre productions. ) Does anyone have any good gift ideas?Something original.Not just theater tickets, a tool set ,or something.

Gift Ideas For Boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend loves theatre, coffee,foreign language and culture, reading and building (mostly sets for theatre productions. ) Does anyone have any good gift ideas?Something original.Not just theater tickets, a tool set ,or something.

When not to give a gift? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello- I have a dilemma. My cousin is getting married this year and I don’t know if I should give him anything for the wedding. Here’s why: This same cousin attended both my sister’s and my wedding without giving any gifts. On top of that, for both weddings, he brought a guest when only he...

View more questions Search