Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summer12 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Cat Peeing on computer keyboard
    I have been having problems with my 14 month old, neutered himalayan/persian male cat. I noticed he began on anything in the house right after we had him neutered. He might have been doing this previously, but I don't think so. We took him to the vet this past January to have him checked for crystals. There were no crystals. The vet actually drew urine from his bladder directly. They also checked for diabetes, but the results were negative, too. The vet then concluded the cat's health was fine, what we had was a behavioral problem. We closed the cat off with the litter box for a couple of weeks to "re-bond". Well, this didn't work, either. He continued to pee on coats, chairs, newspapers, bags, the floor with nothing on it. Yesterday morning, we discovered he went pee on the computer keyboard. He had to make a real effor to do this. We are at a loss of what to do. Our vet thinks maybe his blood lines were bred to close, and his wiring upstairs is not right. We love our cat, be he's ruining our house. Any thoughts?
    As a side note, the breeder denies too close of breeding, so I don't know what to think anymore.:confused:
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 13, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Does he ever pee in the litter box? Where does he poop?
    summer12 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 06:41 PM
    He poops in the litter box and sometimes pees in it. He doesn't pee in it a 100% of the time.? I can't figure it ou.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 13, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Do you keep the box clean? Does he like the feel of the litter? (If I use certain brands, my cats won't use the box because of how the litter smells or how it "feels".)

How involved are you and others with him -- playing with him, patting him, etc?

Where does he tend to like to sleep?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat is peeing on my couch [ 8 Answers ]

My cat is about a year and a half old. She has started peeing on my couch, she uses her litterbox but she pees on my couch about once a week or so. I have heard that putting vinegar on the area will make them stop but it doesn't seem to be working. I am all out of answers and am hoping someone can...

How do I disable the laptop keyboard when adding an external keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard is screwed up - tried to add an external through a usb port - bad keys on laptop keyboard take priority over external keyboard - tried to uninstall laptop keyboard, but system requests reboot to finish - after reboot system "finds" laptop keyboard and reinstalls - any ideas?

Cat is peeing [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my Fiancée and I moved into a new house and our one cat has started peeing on our couch. Now I know that there are lots of reason as to why this is happening but I just want to know if it very well could be stress related and not a UTI. He's usually a very good cat and this is the first...

Computer Keyboard Shortcuts [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know where I can print a list of the shortcuts for the number keyboard, eg: alt+64 gives you @ and alt+63 gives you a? Is there somewhere that I can print out all of the short cuts, as I am currently working with a French keyboard, and need to know where all of these...

Peeing cat [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding on how to teach a cat that the litter box is the only place to take a leak, not the living room furniture?? My wife and I have 2 yr old cat who in the last 6 months has started peeing on our the couch and chair in our living room. We clean out the...

View more questions Search