Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ginabca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 09:13 PM
    1998 Honda accord fuel filter location
    Hello all,
    Can someone please tell us where to find the fuel filter in my 1998 Honda Accord Lx?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2007, 07:21 AM
    It's located on the passenger-side of the firewall. There's an incoming fuel line to the filter and an outgoing fuel line to the fuel rail. It's black and mounted in a bracket.

The fuel filter should be replaced 1) every 4 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first, or 2) whenever the fuel pressure drops below 40-47 psi, with the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose disconnected and pinched, after making sure that the fuel pump and the fuel pressure regulator are OK.

1. Disconnect negative battery cable.
    2. Place shop towel under and around fuel filter.
    3. Relieve fuel pressure, by removing gas cap.
    4. Remove 12 mm banjo bolt and 14 mm fuel feed pipe (use flare wrench) from fuel filter.
    5. Remove fuel filter clamp and fuel filter.
    6. Use new copper washers, when assembling.
    7. Tighten banjo bolt to 16 lb-ft, service bolt (middle of banjo bolt) to 11 lb-ft, and fuel feed pipe to 28 lb-ft. Clean flared joint of high pressure hoses thoroughly before reconnecting.

CAUTION: Only change fuel filter when the engine is cold. Keep a Class B fire extinguisher ready. No smoking or open flames allowed (e.g. gas hot water heater, dryer, or furnace). Keep tools a safe distance from battery. Wear safety goggles.
    FixHondas Posts: 70, Reputation: 4

Jul 16, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ginabca
    Hello all,
    Can someone please tell us where to find the fuel filter in my 1998 Honda Accord Lx?
    The 98 body style moved the fuel filter into the fuel tank - on the fuel pump.
    It is pretty much a lifetime filter unless you have some problems or contamination.
    calemonlaw Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2011, 08:52 PM
    I thought the only fuel filter on the 98 V6 was in the tank. Is there an external filter?

California Lemon Law
    jose26 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2013, 03:17 PM
    Where is fuel pressure regulator on a 98 honda accord lx : 1998 Honda Accord

Apr 3, 2013, 03:18 PM
    ]where is fuel pressure regulator on a 98 honda accord lx : 1998 Honda Accord coupe

Apr 3, 2013, 03:22 PM
    ]where is fuel pressure regulator on a 98 honda accord
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2013, 05:13 PM
    It's on the fuel rail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The location of the fuel pump for 90 honda accord [ 3 Answers ]

Well my car won't start and I think it's the fuel pump. But I don't know where it is. Can someone help me

'95 Honda Civic Fuel Filter [ 5 Answers ]

I am having problems starting my car. I believe it's the fuel filter. I do not have my owner's manual. I cannot find the location of my fuel filter, for the life of me. Can someone please provide the exact location or give me a link to a diagram? Thanks in advance!

1998 honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: got a problem my 98' Honda Accord 4 door drivers side door won't from inside or outside can someone help please?

1998 Honda Accord Ex will not start sometimes [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Honda Accord Ex and it does not want to start all of the time . I went out of town and I had it towed away to a garage and they put a new fuel pump in it and it still does not want to start. I took it into the dealer and told them too look at the main relay since everyone is having...

1998 honda accord won't start. [ 0 Answers ]

I need some help. My car ran out of gas two weeks ago and hasn't started since. I put more gas in the tank and when I tried to fire it up it wouldn't start. I thought that it might be the fuel system, e.g. fuel pump, fuel filter, injectors, but after running some simple diagnostics, decided to...

View more questions Search