Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bettyboop1972 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 05:47 AM
    Strange red marks on lower leg
    Hi I have strange red marks on my lower leg. First one appeared now, about 4 weeks later I notice I have 4 more.
    Each mark is like a small love bite (hickie). They are flat, in fact you can't feel them at all, and when I press on them the mark doesn't fade. I'm sure it's nothing like an allergic reaction as I have had them for such a while... Also I haven't caused any trauma to the leg neither
    Does anyone have any idea why I am getting them. Could it be because I am a little overweight (about 35lbs) they are only on my one lower leg.

Thanks
    Cinnabar Posts: 113, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Pityriasis Rosea is one possibility. It's usually on the upper body but not unheard of on the lower extremeties. Can you provide a pic? You should see a dermatologist as well.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 09:58 AM
    I think I would see my doctor. Also take note if you have had any kind of changes maybe with your period, ear infections, tiredness, dizziness, aching legs etc... It could be nothing but it is always good to have changes looked at.
    bettyboop1972 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 02:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    I think I would see my doctor. Also take note if you have had any kind of changes maybe with your period, ear infections, tiredness, dizziness, aching legs etc... It could be nothing but it is always good to have changes looked at.
    Hi Bushg
    Just wondering if you had anything in mind as I do suffer with aching legs tiredness and dizziness.:confused:
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bettyboop1972
    hi Bushg
    just wondering if you had anything in mind as I do suffer with aching legs tiredness and dizziness.:confused:
    I am not a dr or a nurse . I would not want to guess, also it would be hard to tell,even for a dr. or nurse with out seeing the rash. Just please go to the doctor and list all of your symptoms. It could be a number of disorders . Just from my life experiences, I tend to take the more cautious approach. Good Luck
    vhighblood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 02:07 PM
    i'm a african american woman & last suummer of 2011 i started to notice several small red marks on my right leg only and they weren't going away so i went to see a dermatologist at my dr. office and she said the red marks came from having dry skin & the blood vessels coming toward the skin but she proscribed me with a prescription of "triamcineolene acetonide ointment usp 00.25% to put on the red marks 3 or 4 times daily plus some moisturizer cream to rub on my leg twice a day and i can tell the marks are finally going away very slowly so i hope the marks are gone before summer because i love to wear shorts... if somebody else was perscribed something else & it worked let me no!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get rid of red marks on my face? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello to all, I would like to seek your help because I have few pimples on my face but it was already healed. The problem now, it had left a red marks on my face and I noticed it never faded out. How can I cure it? Is there any creams that can fade out red marks without peeling? I am from the...

Red marks on legs. [ 1 Answers ]

I've had these for well over half a year now and I'm wodering if I can remove them. They are a dark red purpley colour and slighty raised, they're on my right calf. They are shaped in lines going down my leg.

Red pin marks on veins in arms [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter (23 - a student away from home) is concerned about red marks on the veins in her arms which look like needle pricks. She does not have diabetes and has never injected anything. She noticed them previously but they disappeared. They have reappeared in the last few days. She feels...

Strange Red Mark [ 2 Answers ]

Every few months my boyfriend get a weird red mark on his right side. It looks like a blood blister, like blood is collecting under his skin. It's only about the size of a dime, but we can never figure out how he gets them. He says it doesn't hurt, but it just doesn't seem normal. Does anyone know...

Red marks and spreading [ 14 Answers ]

My legs are covered in red marks. Not dots, or bumps. Just ugly red marks all over my legs. It looks real ugly like if I have a disease. They started appearing a little before Easter and now they are dark and spreading. Not itchy or burning. No symptoms as a matter of fact. My husband...

View more questions Search