Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jilladotnet Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Late and light period.am I pregnant?
    I've always had a regular period. It comes the same time, for the same amount, and is just as heavy as the one prior. Also, I work close with my best friend who receives her period's the same time/length as mine at least for the past 6 months. The last time I have received my period was on 05/26/07.

This is why it came as a shock to me when she got her period just over two weeks ago. Since I was late, and I have been having unprotected sex, with no birth control, I took a pregnancy test this past Thursday. I didn't read the instructions that carefully, and only held the test stick under my urine for maybe 2 seconds instead of the required 5. It came back negative.

A few more days past, and still no sign of a period. However, on Sunday I noticed very very light pink spotting when I would wipe after peeing. I thought I was starting my period, so I threw a pad on. Then, later that night, no new blood ever came. The very next day the same situation happened, I had very little blood.

It is now Tuesday, and it's the same situation. On my lunch break at work I bought another pregnancy test. It was also negative. However, this time I believe I may have troubled with the results from using the pee from drinking a bunch of water before hand because I peed just an hour before. I read online to take the test when I pee after waking up in the morning. I was planning on doing that tomorrow.

I am also experiencing some slight discomfort in my lower pelvic region. They don't feel like sharp period pains, but something like that.

I am unsure if these could be signs of pregnancy, or I'm just having an irregular period, or if I had a miscarriage. Any information would be appreciated!! This seems to be a common question, but everyone's scenerio's are a bit different in the details.

Thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 10, 2007, 01:25 PM
    It is very possible you are pregnant. But, opps you goofed again. LOL just kidding

Take your pregnancy test first thing in the morning, with your first pee of the day. It is more accurate that way as the concentration of the pregnancy hormone is higher in the morning.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 01:26 PM
    You could possibly be pregnant so you are right on about taking your next HPT in the morning. However, you could be experiencing some irregularity; have you been under a lot of stress lately? If you were experiencing a miscarriage the bleeding would be heavier and more clotty and it is usually accompanied by pretty severe cramps. If your HPT comes out negative again, I would suggest that you see your health care provider. They will be able to do a blood pregnancy test, which is more sensitive to hcg levels, and help you figure out what is going on with your body. Good luck!
    Jilladotnet Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 07:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilladotnet
    I've always had a regular period. It comes the same time, for the same amount, and is just as heavy as the one prior. Also, I work close with my best friend who recieves her period's the same time/length as mine at least for the past 6 months. The last time I have received my period was on 05/26/07.

This is why it came as a shock to me when she got her period just over two weeks ago. Since I was late, and I have been having unprotected sex, with no birth control, I took a pregnancy test this past Thursday. I didn't read the instructions that carefully, and only held the test stick under my urine for maybe 2 seconds instead of the required 5. It came back negative.

A few more days past, and still no sign of a period. However, on Sunday I noticed very very light pink spotting when I would wipe after peeing. I thought I was starting my period, so I threw a pad on. Then, later that night, no new blood ever came. The very next day the same situation happened, I had very little blood.

It is now Tuesday, and it's the same situation. On my lunch break at work I bought another pregnancy test. It was also negative. However, this time I believe I may have troubled with the results from using the pee from drinking a bunch of water before hand because I peed just an hour before. I read online to take the test when I pee after waking up in the morning. I was planning on doing that tomorrow.

I am also experiencing some slight discomfort in my lower pelvic region. They don't feel like sharp period pains, but something like that.

I am unsure if these could be signs of pregnancy, or I'm just having an irregular period, or if I had a miscarriage. Any information would be appreciated!!! This seems to be a common question, but everyone's scenerio's are a bit different in the details.

Thanks.
    I took the pregnancy test this morning, following the directions, and it did come back negative as well. I have been experiencing a bit more blood flow than the previous days, however it is still lighter than any period I have ever receieved.
    Ranj8388 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 07:13 AM
    Well, am in the same boat now.. I am ten days late and I ve always been having a regular 28 day cycle!! I had been sexually active this month and I thought that I was indeed pregnant!! But all the pregnancy test came back negative

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period 1 week late.could I be pregnant? [ 27 Answers ]

My periods are usually right on time, occasionally they are either one or two days earlier than expected or one day later than expected. So having my period a whole week late is very unusual for me. I had pretty typical cramps on the day that I was supposed to start my period and then nothing...

My period is late again but not pregnant, HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

In October my period was a week late, in November my period was a week late, but in December is was right on time, and now in January it is late again. Can anyone tell me what is going on. Im 22 years old, and somewhat sexually active (im married :p ) I feel fine, but since October my husband and I...

My late period am I pregnant? [ 8 Answers ]

I don't want to tell my age, but my last period was on march the 15, 2007 and on April the 28 I had sex for the first time.Now it's may and I haven't seen my period yet.We used a condom, and I found out later it broke,I don't know what to do, I don't want to have a baby.im still in denial because ...

Period late and not pregnant or am I? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi.. hope someone else is able to answer this one.. I was supposed to have AF on May 12.. never came.. now it is June 21st.. and 41 days since last AF.. am I pregnant? What should I do.. did 3 EPT's all negative :confused:

Period is late can I be pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I was put on Trimethoprim Antibiotics two weeks ago for three days and was wondering CAN TRIMETHOPRIM EFFECT MY PERIODS FROM BEING LATE? My last period was 21st February to the 25th February 2007 I am now two days late. COULD I BE PREGNANT AND CAN TRIMETHOPRIM CAUSE MY PERIODS TO BE LATE?

View more questions Search