Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ybinnion Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Cat deliverd 1 kitten last night, labor stopped
    I don't have an answer. I have a cat in the same situation. She had 1 kitten last night around 4pm, seemed to be in labor for a while then stopped. She is totally taking care of the kitten, eating & drinking. She likes me to lay w/ her in our closet, is very affectionate! We can still feel 1 moving & possibly 2. but no signs of labor. I am curious since each has a separate placenta, if the others are not quite ready to deliver. 1st kitten very strong & nursing like crazy. Our cat seems fine, but I don't want to risk her getting sick. We CANNOT afford to take her to vet, but she darted out of house about 2 months ago & didn't come back for almost 2 days,we couldn't find her anywhere. Now we're here. Please help. We CAN'T afford the vet bill!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2007, 05:43 AM
    Labor and Delivery in Felines: Breeding Tips for Healthy Kittens from HDW Enterprises and Foothill Felines Bengals. This is the best I can do for you.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Friends of Animals
    (800) 321-PETS

SPAY USA
    (800) 248-SPAY

If you will look in your phone book there may be a clinic called Spay Neuter Clinic I know there are a couple of them in Ohio. They offer about the best prices that I know of. There may be some of these in other states as well. Good luck.
    Sarikie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ybinnion
    i don't have an answer. I have a cat in the same situation. she had 1 kitten last night around 4pm, seemed to be in labor for a while then stopped. she is totally taking care of the kitten, eating & drinking. she likes me to lay w/ her in our closet, is very affectionate! we can still feel 1 moving & possibly 2. but no signs of labor. i am curious since each has a separate placenta, if the others are not quite ready to deliver. 1st kitten very strong & nursing like crazy. our cat seems fine, but i don't want to risk her getting sick. we CANNOT afford to take her to vet, but she darted out of house about 2 months ago & didn't come back for almost 2 days,we couldn't find her anywhere. now we're here. Please help. we CAN'T afford the vet bill!!
    If you can't afford a vet, please try your local animal shelter or humane society. Check your local yellow pages or dial 411 information by phone and ask the operator. Animal shelters/Animal Hospitals/animal Clinics offer services for animals free or a very small affordable fee. It is normal for cats to birth in 2 days but 2 days only. If it's past the third day and the other kittens have not birthed from her. PLEASE get to an animal shelter/animal hospital/or animal clinic. Do not be afraid you can't afford it. Your Cats LIFE is at stake! If she does not deliver the rest of those kittens, she and remaining kittens inside of her will die!! She may need a C-section by a vet doc to deliver the rest of the kittens. Let me know how things work out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat has stopped laboer and not deliverd all of them [ 26 Answers ]

my cat went in to labor last night she delivered 1 baby at 600pm another at 630pm and a nother at 1000pm and 1030pm she has not had any more yet but i can still feel some in there with her last litter she had one 2 days later boren alive from what i can tell the baby in there now is still alive...

My cat has stopped labor after one kitten [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this website and am worried about my cat. This is her second litter of kittens. She had one last night around 6pm. Then her labor stopped. She has not had another since and it has been almost 24 hours. Could something be wrong? I have seen a lot of kittens born but never had it take...

Is my cat in labor [ 1 Answers ]

Mt cat is about 7 weeks pregnant and the other day it looked like her belly had shrunk she hasn't given birth yet as you can still see the kittens moving she keeps panting and that has been for about 2 days now is she going into labor or not help

Cat labor [ 2 Answers ]

I'm pretty sure that my cat is about to pop. Her belly is huge and she can barely walk without laying down. I know that when labor starts cats lose their appetite. However my cat is still eating and even more than normal. Could she still go into labor if she still has an appetite.

My cats labor stopped! [ 1 Answers ]

HELP! 30 hours ago my cat seemed to be in full blown labor. Panting, vaginal discharge, restless, nesting, cleaning herself, affectionate & talking a lot. Now it has stopped! The only symptoms still showing are the affection, talking, cleaning and restlessness. One of my other cats got in het...

View more questions Search