millie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2004, 09:40 AM
    Blood clots during heavy bleeding period
    Is it normal to have large blood clots during the heaviest
    Bleeding period
    sweetheartdealer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2004, 11:16 PM
    Re: blood clots during heavy bleeding period
    Hey I don't know what's with the blood clots but I get it too and it scares me?. I don't know what's happeneing and I wish sum1 did... but I am going to the docters soon about it ill tell you when I get back
    kristinann4501 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2004, 03:35 PM
    Re: blood clots during heavy bleeding period
    I get blood clots to they are sometimes very big or simi-big.I have been told they they are normal it's just the blood coming out.
    fj Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2004, 07:41 AM
    Blood clots during heavy bleeding period
    The blood clots are not abnormal.
    Often they can be a sign that you loose a little more blood than the average woman.
    As long as you are not suffering from anemia or are that should not in itself be a reason to worry.
    When enough blood comes together outside of your veins, it clots, which is perfectly normal.
    sapnas Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2005, 09:23 AM
    The blood clots are normal... especially when you are bleeding heavily.
    letmeno Posts: 215, Reputation: 23

Oct 19, 2005, 07:54 PM
    Before I gave birth to my son (he's 2) my period's were normal and came like clockwork. Since then, my period's slowly started getting heavier and heavier. Now I bleed really big clot's. They are golf ball size and a few were somewhat bigger. I was on a 28 day cycle but it has moved to a 24 and sometimes a 20 day cycle. I have had enough and have made up my mind to have a D&C this weekend. I am dreading this, so I am looking for another solution. Does anyone out there have any?? If not I am climbing on the table of dread!!
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Oct 20, 2005, 04:38 AM
    I noticed as I got older that my periods were shorter in length (went from 7 days to 5 days) but that the clots became much bigger. Usually the second day is the day from hell and I'm afraid to be away from a bathroom for more than an hour or two. My doctor said that this is completely normal. Also, the same thing has happened to all of my friends. I had a D&C and it made no difference.
    scurrie65 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 27, 2005, 03:09 PM
    I had massive clots - some were as big as a man's hand, and I was going through 5 towels an hour. I came off the pill and the problem was resolved within a few months. Doctor said she wasn't surprised, had heard this before.
    spray80 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Nov 2, 2005, 10:52 AM
    Just make suer
    Hi
    Go to the doctor for a cheek up I would if you are having pains it could be messcarg I just had a messcarg... take care... thank you :)
    Angel_eyes_62580 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2005, 08:12 AM
    Sometimes
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    bleeding period
    Only you can really answer that question. If large blood clots happen with all your period and it's something that did not just start, then it could be normal. If its something that had never happen before and and just suddenly happen then there could be reason for concern. If it is abnormal for you then I would suggest getting seen by a doctor, for heavy bleeding with blood clots could possible be signs of health problems. Good luck and keep us posted. :)
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Nov 4, 2005, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    bleeding period
    Please see your local G.P
    You might suffering from anemia
    It may lead to many complications

Please see your gp quick
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 4, 2005, 03:46 PM
    Attention - question asked in 2004
    Please check the dates of the first question so that this does not happen to you again. I made the same error a few times. Good advice though...
    ;)
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Nov 5, 2005, 03:22 AM
    Hahaha, thanks for the advice

Some time when you are answering the question you are so much involved in that I don't look around

Anyway thanks and I really appreciate the way you help people by giving them useful information

Cheers
    drali77
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 5, 2005, 03:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by drali77
    hahaha, thanks for the advice

some time when you are answering the question you are so much involved in that i dont look around

anyway thanks and i really appreciate the way you help people by giving them useful information

cheers
    drali77
    I know how it goes and am guilty of it myself. No big issue here, and the more people read it, the more get help.

PinkMarley3000 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2005, 03:26 PM
    Huh
    What's a D&C
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 17, 2005, 03:40 PM
    A D&C is a dilation and curettage. The uterus is dilated (expanded) and a sharp instrument is inserted inside and the lining of the uterus is scraped. It's often done after a miscarriage to remove any tissue that may not have passed.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 17, 2005, 07:24 PM
    Did you read this??
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkMarley3000
    Whats a D&C
    Attached is a document describing what a D and C is. It would be nice if you let us know if you benefitted from this information or not. A simple thank you is OK too.
    read the attached document by just clicking on it twice and it will open.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf D_and_C.pdf (91.3 KB, 9048 views)
    kennedy14 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2005, 12:18 PM
    Reply blood clots
    Hi I am the same some months I get them some times I don't . I get quite scared as sometimes they are really big an if I getting up in morning after my periods start they are that big I can feel it coming out but I never went to get it checked .
    spray80 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Nov 28, 2005, 12:27 PM
    Hi
    I would go and see your doctor for a cheek up.so good luck... thank you ;)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 30, 2005, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy14
    Hi i am the same some months i get them some times i dont . i get quite scared as sometimes they are really big an if i getting up in morning after my periods start they are that big i can feel it coming out but i never went to get it checked .
    You should also see the doctor, as this is not normal, this means that your clotting factor is too high for some reason and it might indicated other medical problems, so please don't just write it off. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY... and care. I think now is the time to ask what family illnesses there are and write these down too, because you will always be asked questions from doctors, and it's a good idea to have answers, especially in an emergency room. It's your life, think about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Blood clots that stop period in its tracks! [ 11 Answers ]

I have been blessed with extremely heavy periods and massive blood clots due to fibroids. Over the past few months, I have noticed an unusual and unsettling change. My period will start and appear to be normal (for me) then, it will just stop! It will stop for hours and even up to two days. ...

Large clots and discharge during period [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 27, not sexually active, and during my last period I had a few blood clots that were so large, they pushed my tampon out of my body along with heavy bleeding. Also, there was a mucus-like discharge mixed with blood that continued at the end of my period. In the past, my menstration cycles...

Constant and heavy bleeding with clots [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everyone, For the past few months, maybe 4 months or 5, my mother has been bleeding as though on her period. She gets bad cramps and large clots on occasion too. She just won't stop. It can stop for a day sometimes, but then it is back in full flow. It is very heavy. She is overdue to have a...

Very heavy period [ 3 Answers ]

For the last two months I have had clotting and chunks of blood come out when I am on my period last month I was on for 3 weeks but one week was spotting and then there was a week and a half of clumping and bleeding then regular bleeding and it is the same so far for this week. In November of 04 I...

Blood clots after miscarriage [ 1 Answers ]

Last June at 5 months pregnant, I found out my baby had died. I had lost my insurance when I got pregnant and my husband and I were told to go to what turned out to be an abortion clinic for the removal. I had a very hard time during the procedure. It had to be repeated several times during the 6...

View more questions Search