Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelwa882 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 04:46 AM
    Title of 80's Kids Movie with a small boy who was a robot?
    Hi,

I need to find out the title of a movie I saw as a kid in the 80's (possibly late 70's movie).

Imperfectly remembered...
    Family movie in which a small boy is found/adopted, turn out he is a robot/android and a test subject for the government.

Remebered scenes:
    Kid being taught baseball by the dad, and discovering that he can throw the ball really far, and then later playing a game and not throwing the ball- thereby leaning a lesson about love and vulnerability.

Kid (captured by goverment) watching a whole bank of TV screens and videogames,

He is eventually captured by the government and escapes somehow by flying a jet, and then parachuting out of it into a lake. Everyone thinks he's dead- but it's OK because he's a robot :)

Please please help! Any suggestions appreciated!
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jul 9, 2007, 04:56 AM
    D.A.R.Y.L D.A.R.Y.L. (1985)
    kimmiesideponytail Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kelwa882
    Hi,

I need to find out the title of a movie I saw as a kid in the 80's (possibly late 70's movie).

Imperfectly remembered....
    Family movie in which a small boy is found/adopted, turn out he is a robot/android and a test subject for the government.

Remebered scenes:
    Kid being taught baseball by the dad, and discovering that he can throw the ball really far, and then later playing a game and not throwing the ball- thereby leaning a lesson about love and vulnerability.

Kid (captured by goverment) watching a whole bank of tv screens and videogames,

He is eventually captured by the government and escapes somehow by flying a jet, and then parachuting out of it into a lake. Everyone thinks he's dead- but it's ok because he's a robot :)

Please please help! Any suggestions appreciated!
    Was it D.A.R.Y.L.

I saw that when I was little & I think that's what it was.
    DodgeBlue Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Jul 31, 2007, 07:51 AM
    That was a good movie. Same kid who was Bastian in Neverending story.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's Kids Movie Title [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone remember a movie about kids who live in a place where it rains all of the time, except for one day every 100 or 1000 years or something? For some reason the main charater is forced to miss the one day of sun by other kids who pick on him. I can't remember the title, or anything else...

80's robot movie? [ 10 Answers ]

This movie is about robots fighting each other.. this one scene I remember when one of the robots rises out from being buried in the desert for a long time.. and I think humans conrol them.. I don't know I saw it when I was a kid.. help me out!

Title of 80's kids show? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone on earth(other than myself) remember a kids TV show from early to mid 80's featuring a man sat underneath a tree? I think he used to read a story and I have a vague feeling he was either playing a guitar and singing or playing a flute?? Nobody knows what I am going on about but its...

Need help with title for 80's kids film [ 1 Answers ]

I have been racking my brain for ages now trying to remember the title of a film my dad and I watched when I was a kid. I think it was early 80's. I think the title was something along the lines of "why did you have to pick on me" but I just can't remember. I can't remember much about the film...

Title of kids book about a boy in the middle ages [ 1 Answers ]

When I was in primary school I started reading a book about a boy living in the middle ages, he runs away from home and his rich father, I left him stowing away in the back of a wagon. At this point I left the scool and never found the book or the title again. Please help me find a title for this...

View more questions Search