Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Technology Challenged Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2007, 08:24 PM
    How do I connect Toshiba VCR/DVD, Directv and TV (coax cable only)
    Can anyone assist me with connecting vcr/dvd combo, directv and TV? I have tried everything and I have had no success. The television has a coax cable. I tried connecting the vcr/dvd through the satellite and receive no sound or picture.

Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Have Satellite cable go to Receiver, out of Satellite receiver into DVD/VCR with red(right), white(left), and yellow(video), Or better cables. Then out of DVD/VCR into a modulator,(Converts red. White, yellow into Ch 3 or 4 ), Coax. Connect to TV Coax in. Have found at local dollar store for 12 dollars,RCA.
    This is going by the assumption you only have coax connection on TV.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Jul 7, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Tell us the number and type of connections on the back of your TV not counting of course, the 110V power cord. I just connected a Toshisha DVD/VCr combo to my older model Toshiba TV that has only a cable (satelite TV) coax coming in and three other connections, one red, one white and one yallow. So if yours is the same, I can assist.
    Technology Challenged Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2007, 08:48 PM
    I only have one connection on the back of the TV. I have the red, white and yellow connections on the directv box and the vcr/dvd combo.

I purchased a rf modulator switch, but I've been unsuccessful in getting it to work.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Make sure red, whie, and yellow are from an output, and with a signal.
    Connect coax to TV. Power up modulator, and switch TV and modulator to channel 3 or 4.
    More expensive modulators are programmable to most channels.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect LCD TV, DVD/VCR and Cable [ 2 Answers ]

I have Direct TV box and would like to connect a Sharp LC20S2U LCD TV and a JVC HR-XVC37U DVD/VCR. I want to be able to watch TV while the VCR is recording another station. I also have a separate outdoor Antenna that gets very good reception for local stations. I would like to be able to use that...

How do u/I connect a dvd recorder plus a vcr and a satellite receiver all together? [ 4 Answers ]

Can some one tell me how do u/I connect a DVD recorder plus a VCR and a satellite receiver all together? I also picked up an r f modulator and an s-video cable plus another set of cables one 3prong audio/video thingee and one extra single prong cable for video in/out . So how do I hook all this up...

Connect TV,vcr,cable,dvd recorder [ 2 Answers ]

I have a rca big sreen TV, digital cable box, vcr and dvd recorder. I can't seem to get it all connected properly by following the TV instruction guide or the dvd recorder instruction guide. I would like to be able to record dvd's from old vcr tapes, plus be able to have a strong enough signal to...

How do I connect a Directv satellite box to an LG DVD recorder [ 1 Answers ]

To the next genius out their... HELP! I need help connecting my Directv satellite box model HD-250 to my LG DVD recorder model DR1F9H in order to copy all of my tivo'd recordings on my Directv satellite. I also need to know how to connect an additional DVD player to my LG DVD recorder for coping my...

Connecting cable TV, dvd and vcr [ 1 Answers ]

I have cable TV coming into the house. Want to hook up a DVD player and a VCR to the TV with cable, howis this done.

View more questions Search