Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimjcarl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 08:12 PM
    Redding University Legitimacy?
    Is this university a legitimate entity of education, and where is it located?

:confused:
    luvmylab Posts: 90, Reputation: 7

Jul 2, 2007, 02:07 PM
    I am going to say no. No respectable university can give anyone a degree based on work experience. I have been in Higher Education for 7 years. This is a diploma mill. I know that they are accredited but unless they are regionally accredited the accreditation means nothing. For example the University of Phoenix is listed as a accredited through the National Distance Learning Accreditation Council, so is Redding however the University of Phoenix is also accredited all across the country with Regional Accreditation and that is the difference. There is no way the Redding would be able to get Regional Accreditation anywhere because they don't offer classes, they are selling degrees.
    Bachelor Degree: Requires 120 credits.
    You qualify for a Bachelor Degree if you have one of the following:
    4 years work/life experience related to your major.
    3 years work/life experience related to your major and 30 college credits.
    2 years work/life experience related to your major and 60 college credits.
    Any combination of the above or substantial work/life experience.

Not to mention you can't get a BA for $650.
    Combination Degrees
    Associates/Bachelor
    $650.00

Bachelor/Master
    $650.00

Master/PhD
    $650.00

Bachelor/Master/PhD
    $825.00
    Additional Items
    GPAs can be selected for your Transcripts
    $45.00

Redding University - Fees

Check out their website. If it sounds to good to be true, it is.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 2, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Please refer to THIS STICKY
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 06:25 PM

Many people get and earn unaccredited degrees and some may have value within a specific group or for some companies.

Any person getting a degree from an college that is not accredited by the US Dept of Education should know that many places do not accept its value
    ladiesguy1986 Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Jan 25, 2009, 05:51 PM
    A college degree, is one of the best ways to secure higher earning potential, and career stability. A prospective student has two choices when it comes to education. Traditional or online classes are the possible options. However, Online education is increasingly becoming the popular choice among working adults. When it comes to online education, today the consumer has an overwhelming list of choices. The students needs to decide which school is best for them. Many adults opt to graduate from an online school rather than a traditional university, mainly due to convenience. Online Universities allow students to choose their own schedule. Many busy adults find it extremely difficult to keep full-time job, and other priorities while attending traditional classes. Thus, online schools come as a blessing to many working adults. It doesn't matter what online university you opt for, as long as it is accredited by the National Distance Learning Accreditation Council. Moreover, if you have previous college course work, and extensive professional work experience, "life experience" degree programs should be at least considered. Many online universities offer these programs. However, the process the extensive and vigorous. The university will conduct an academic program evaluation. All of the applicant's previous college credits, training, professional licensures, and certifications are reviewed to determine how many more courses are required to obtain a degree. They also allow you to take examinations, thus enabling you the chance to prove proficiency in many subjects. Technically speaking, the university will reward you for your "life experience". Unfortunately, there are some "diploma mills" out there, that continue to scam innocent victims for hundreds or thousands of dollars. A prospective student needs to verify that the online university is accredited by the National Distance Learning Accreditation Council, or other Regional Accredition Councils. Some top online universities include Thomas Edison State College, Redding University, University of Phoenix Online, Devry University, Charter Oak State College, and Excelsior College. All of these online universities had received full accreditation. However, there are many other Universities that had also received the same accreditation. Choosing the best online university still remains a personal choice. Cost, Degree programs, number of classes, and the School's reputation, all have to be taken into consideration when choosing the right online school. To boil down the essence of this story, regardless of what accredited online university you opt for, an online college degree is both a sound decision, and one of the best investments you could make for your future
    ladiesguy1986 Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Jan 25, 2009, 05:59 PM
    Redding university is nationally accreditted. When you apply, they carefully evaluate all of your previous college credits, professional licences, certifications, and other extensive verifiable prfessional work history. They grant you credits based on that.
    luvmylab Posts: 90, Reputation: 7

Jan 26, 2009, 08:06 AM

Regional Accreditation is the only accreditation that matters. I highly suggest you learn what it takes to get regional accreditation and compare that to this University's accreditation.
    ralonso Posts: 1, Reputation: 3

May 26, 2009, 08:38 PM
    I studied Psychology in The Dominican Republic, I then got accepted to a College in New York were I studied Substance Abuse & Alcoholism Counseling. I then spent almost 10 years working at a Psychiatric Hospital and became Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at a local Medical School. I submitted all of my credentials to Redding University and I received my Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology. I was accepted to a special program at London Medical College, which was for Ph.D.'s in Clinical Psychologist who wanted experience with Psychiatrists. I completed their core course curriculum of courses and lived in London for approximately 8 months rotating with Psychiatrists. I wrote a dissertation "Hope Regression Therapy" and I was awarded the "Doctor of Science in Psychiatry". I just completed a Masters degree in Christian Counseling from a famous Theological Seminary and I am working on my Ph.D. (I am also taking some courses at night at IONA College in Marriage & Family Therapy). So you tell me that Redding is not good enough for you. I think that you are not good enough for Redding University. It is the person who makes himself. A University or College guides you and gives you the tools.
    BUT YOU ARE,WHAT YOU WANT TO BE. WHICH IS LAZY!!
    genoshack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 09:06 AM
    Is a degree from Redding University legitimate
    lifelonglearner2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2010, 01:55 PM
    I too believe that life and work experience should be factored into a degree program. It is no different than the old apprentice programs where you learn from the masters in your chosen field. I have worked with a lot of people that have just gotten out of a degree program and they can't even balance a checkbook. On the other hand, working with someone that has been in a job for years-now that is where you can learn something. We shouldn't be too quick to judge the value of life/work experience. It's a shame we can't tap into those "wise souls".
    cashpro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 08:32 PM

I have been involved in online education and its administration for over 15 years. Many state and private universities have adopted online formats, and let me tell you that they meet such requirements, that those that take them almost wish they did not. Online classes take a tremendous amount of commitment and work. However, there are indeed different types of online degrees, that are accredited, but do not meet accreditation for taking, i.e. CPA, Doctoral, Bar Exam (in some states) and are not eligible for financial or federal assistance; one must secure a private loan. As with any brick and mortar degree one must weigh what they want the degree for, if they are willing to pay for it, and put in the work to achieve it.

Accreditation that awards life experience, college attended, etc. is an excellent tool for motivation, becoming part of a community, and being more productive. What we are seeing now is a combination of life experience, college, and a certain number of classes that must be attended along with taking several CLEP exams to prove we have the knowledge. Expediting ones lower level education seems reasonable. What is not reasonable, is to expect that the level of education between accreditations to be the same, any more than we can expect the level of education to be the same between a state school and that of and Ivy League school. Or is that really true? There is much debate about the invisible walls of the online world of education. However, if I were a betting man, I would put my money on the online student versus the brick and mortar student at the end of a quarter, semester or year.

Correspondence degrees are what we are seeing replaced by these online degrees and if there is indeed a clear background check that provides the data to qualify for a specific degree, then it will always be up to the company doing the hiring to be sure they do their own background check.

Quite frankly even with an accredited PhD, so many are out of work that the education is almost a hindrance. It is so sad to tell a student that they should dummy down their resume as it is too strong for what is available. Degrees can be labeled and regulated, which for the most part they are. Companies that do background checks are pretty sharp.
    wawamusic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2010, 11:52 AM
    A degree from ANY university or college is only as valuable as person holding it. The paper itself is absolutey worthless no matter from where it came! The value is in the performance of the person, not the paper. I have yet to see a piece of paper do anything other than provide a source of heat in cold weather. There is more to education than sitting in a classroom parroting the instructor. Would you rather go into battle led by a 2010 military college graduate or a master sergeant with 25 years of combat experience? Getting rewarded for accomplishment is a good thing. Ironically most if not all "major" schools offer course credit for experience. The bottom line is MONEY. Life experience school degrees cost brick schools money. That is why there is so much resistance to then. Open your eyes to the truth.
    answers123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2010, 12:19 PM
    Redding University is not a REGIONALLY accredited institution. It is not a legitimate college based on US Dept. of Ed. Standards. If you tried to become a teacher, administrator, etc. with a degree from this institution, it will NOT be recognized. Period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is Washington International University another mill university? [ 9 Answers ]

Please help me to answer about the status of WIT university...

Kennedy-Western University NOW Warren National University [ 54 Answers ]

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and talked about. I am enrolled with Kennedy-Western, and now have a bad feeling about them. I cannot find where they are an "Accredited" postsecondary school, only licensed in the state of Wyoming. Does anyone know and can prove to me that they...

St Clements University - another unaccredited university? [ 4 Answers ]

Would anyone tell me about the accreditation of St Clements University,please?

University [ 1 Answers ]

How many University are there in Italy?:confused:

View more questions Search