Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    misscherry777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 08:42 PM
    Is there anything you can give a dog to make them poop
    I was wondering if there was anyting you could give a dog to make them have a bowl movement? Or if you had to get it from the vet..
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 09:06 PM
    If I were you I would call the vet. Products for humans may be toxic for a dog. I have heard of people giving their dogs canned pumpkin. I guess it is full of fiber, but I do not know how much they gave them. Also you need to make sure that your dog is not eating a lot of bones. I know that these can cause severe constipation. Please do not take this problem lightly. I have heard of dogs dying from this.
    mileyrocks0 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jun 27, 2007, 09:54 PM
    No I don't think so :p
    twix Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 11:14 PM
    I have a sick Daschund puppy 8 weeks old, diahreah, upset tummy throwing up, walking funny, what do I do.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2007, 03:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twix
    I have a sick Daschund puppy 8 weeks old, diahreah, upset tummy throwing up, walking funny, what do I do.
    Get it to to the vet immediately. You may be panicking over nothing, but it could be parvo or something else that only prompt treatment will save.
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2007, 03:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by misscherry777
    I was wondering if there was anyting you could give a dog to make them have a bowl movement? or if you had to get it from the vet...?
    It is not as urgent to see the vet as the other question, but you shouldn't give the dog anything until at least talking to the vet. Giving a dog with an obstructed bowel a laxative could kill it. I am pleased nobody suggested anything without mentioning checking with the vet. Is your dog prone to eating indigestibles, or do you give it rawhides or consumable chews? They can create blockages.
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Jul 1, 2007, 11:35 PM
    I had a constipated dog (he got into the fridge and ate an entire block of cheddar) so I took some bran (like you'd use for bran muffins) and mixed it with warm water to a mash consistency and fed it to Riggs. About 20-30 minutes later he was having a movement in the yard. Be sure to give him plenty of lukewarm not cold water because he could be or become dehydratred. He will also need plenty of exercise to keep his body stimulated. Listen to Labman though because he's the experienced guy.
    xo_babycakes_ox Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Take it to a fire works show. Last night I took my dog to the park and she peed in the middle of the side walk then took a big crap after a few went off at once. I had to go home and carry her then run down my street with her pulling me. It worked though lol
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2007, 03:39 PM
    It scared the out of her? With my one puppy, I always needed clean up material anytime we got near a train.
    xo_babycakes_ox Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 03:45 PM
    Lol its was kind of funny and cute at the same time. Then I had to pik it up and I stopped laughing lol
    bud4525 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by misscherry777
    I was wondering if there was anyting you could give a dog to make them have a bowl movement? or if you had to get it from the vet...?
    Ive tried salmon.. It worked on my dog and also helps with their coat.. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Neighbor's Offensive Dog Poop [ 16 Answers ]

My neighbor walks his dogs SOLELY in his backyard. This causes a seriously offensive odor. By mid-summer, the smell is so bad that we can't sit out there for any length of time without being nauseous. Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem.

Dog eats poop [ 4 Answers ]

My puppie eats her own poop how do I stop it

Dog/puppy eating poop [ 2 Answers ]

This has only just started. My dog is now 11 months old and has just decided to start eating poop, not his own I might add. As we are out walking and some takes his fancy, he will eat it. I have told him off to no avail, growling and saying bad dog etc, but this doesn't appear to work. I am...

Dog walks in his own poop? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We have a 5 month old Boston Terrier. We leave him in the kitchen while we are at work, which is a pretty big area for the little guy. However, when we come home in the evening he has resorted to shredding his potty pad, walking in his own poop, and peeing in his bed. We are baffled. We know...

Dog will not pee or poop outside [ 1 Answers ]

I just adopted a 2 year old greyhound terrier mix from the kennel four weeks ago. The kennel said that he was an inside dog. The problem is getting him to go to potty outside. He seems to be shy about peeing and pooping. I have taking him for a two hour walk through the park and around the block...

View more questions Search