Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benze6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2003, 01:49 PM
    Recording a cassette tape...
    Is there a way to record a cassette tape onto the computer and then putting that recorded song on a blank cd via cd-burner?

Thanks
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jul 28, 2003, 02:38 PM
    Recording a cassette tape...
    Yes there is.

What you will need are several programs to record and then process the audio.

You need to first connect your cassette player's line out plug (or earphone plug if there is no line out) to the line in of your soundcard/soundchip. Once you have done that, select line in as your recording source (we will need to know what operating system you are running to tell you how to do this) and then you are set to record.

One good recording program I have found is dbpoweramp auxiliary input (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm#AuxiliaryInput). You will find the download link at the bottom of the page. It will allow you to record from your cassette tape. If you are lucky, it will split up the different songs into separate files for you, if not you will need to use another program to manually split them unless you want your CD to be only one track. For this task, I recommend Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/).

Once you have your separate files, fire up your CD burning program and burn them to a CD using the music cd format.

Have fun :)

~psi42

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cd recording [ 1 Answers ]

If I connect one of the new crop of dvd recorders to my stereo system, would I be able to make myself audio discs from my LP's?

Bad Tape Job [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a chance to by a fixer upper and noticed that the dry wall joints had been badly taped and could be seen through the paint and/or falling off all together. What is the best way to handle this?

Cassette to CD [ 1 Answers ]

I record my own music on small cards and cassettes. How would I transfer this music to a CD using the Rozio program that is on my computer?

Cassette to cd.. help required [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am in the process of recording all my audio cassettes onto PC for burning on to cd eventually. I have no problems in getting the sound on to the PC, but I am having problems in 'cleaning up' this sound before I burn on to cd. I have Cool Edit Pro and Roxio Creator 7. Is there anyone out...

View more questions Search