Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gander2655 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Central Air blower not working
    My central air conditioning blower is not working. Fan on outside unit works but inside fan does not. When I manually turn the fan on at the thermostat it still does not work. What do I need to check?
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Start by shutting the power off to the furnace and spinning the blower wheel by hand, Does it spin freely? If so, it could just be a capacitor, it also may be the fan relay, post a little more info about your system if you can.
    ulbhpy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Hi, I have same problem. My indoor blower quit working, first it made weird sounds during start few times and then quit. The capacitor was replaced yesterday and fan started working after about 20-30 secs. We were very happy. We just came back from dinner and it has died again. Should I get the fan relay replaced? What seems to be blowing the capacitor? Thanks for reading and any suggestions.

ulbhpy

Jun 17, 2007, 05:43 PM
    This is a Lennox system about sixteen years old, but was not used a lot until the past five years. It was a vacation home until we moved here. This thing is in the crawl space of the house and is difficult to access. I opened up the panel to see if there was anything obvious and didn't see any loose wires, etc. I saw the relay and capacitor but don't really know how to test them. I don't have a clue as to how to get to the fan. - didn't hear any funny noises prior to it going out - it just stopped blowing.
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 06:25 PM
    What is the model number? Does the furnace have power, could the breaker be tripped?

Jun 18, 2007, 04:23 AM
    I would have to crawl back under the house to check the model number, which I will do. The power is on - both breakers at the circuit breaker box did not trip. ( the main unit outside is working) Is there possibly a breaker on the unit in the crawl space? I did not see one when I was under there, but, as I said it is difficult to see anything.
    bag211 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Weird I'm dealing with the same situation. In my case the bearings for the blower (squirrel cage) are shot. The "squirrel cage" should rotate freely if it turns stiffly it may be bearings.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Remove the cover from the thermostat, remove the red and green wires, twist them together, does the blower come on? Is this a gas or electric furnace? It would really be helpful if you could give me a model number...

Jun 18, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Thanks for your help. I had to call the a.c. guy. It was the blower motor - turned red hot when turned on for a few minutes. Because of the location of the unit it was difficult for me to access the blower - he was able to get to it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Good deal! I'm glad you got everything going...
    awesomemom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacservicetech_07 View Post
    Remove the cover from the thermostat, remove the red and green wires, twist them together, does the blower come on? Is this a gas or electric furnace? It would really be helpfull if you could give me a model number.....
    It's a electric furnace and my blower is not working?the model number is ck30-1t
    mattyb8562 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2010, 06:47 AM
    My blower acts like it is getting stuck. When I turn on the a/c it hums for a min then if I hit the outside of the blower it kicks in and starts blowing. Would this be bearings?
    Teresamera1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2012, 01:53 PM
    Does it cost a lot to fix the blower or the capacitor?

May 23, 2012, 01:54 PM
    Does it cost a lot to fix the blower or the capacitor of central AC

May 23, 2012, 01:56 PM
    My AC unit is not working the fax out side is working but no air comes out. I think is the blower or the capacitor. Does this cost a lot?
    Princezz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 05:11 AM
    Yester day I hit all the breakers on the outside while the a/c was still on wondering if I messed up outside fan not on but inside is what do I do?
    Ramin Soomekh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 08:21 AM
    Hi I checked the fans in my unit and it is moving freely I turned it off and when I had my hand on the fan cage I felt a faint vibration. Checked all the fuse and everything is good?
    phillips2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2012, 04:09 PM
    HELP! The blower in the Central unit has stopped working when on cold air. The blower works when it's on heat. Any suggestions?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Air Conditioning blower working, not cooling [ 6 Answers ]

My a/c fan is working, however, it is not cooling. Do I need to call a technician?

Central air not working [ 5 Answers ]

Why is my central air not shooting out cool air properly?

Central Heat and Air not blowing air at all [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a girl trying to save myself a little money and maybe embarrassment before I call someone out to look at my a/c problem. You know, trying to avoid the fact that I all I had to do was plug it in... ha/ha. I just moved into an apartment, everything was fine until all of a sudden I...

Blower Fan - Central Air - Bryant - INOP [ 4 Answers ]

Sir/Ma'am, My townhouse uses a Bryant central a/c/gas furnace. The outdoor evaporator fan and compressor work. The indoor blower fan when set to on will begin with a hum -- much like a stuck motor might sound, then time out and shut off. This started with my wife's attempt to start the machine a...

Central Air not working... Anything else I can try before calling someone in? [ 2 Answers ]

We've only run the AC twice this year, went to turn it on Saturday with the latest heat wave and it didn't cool. I've cleaned the coils/fins on the outside unit, but have done nothing inside as of yet. However, the compressor is not coming on. We have dogs, and have to pay close attention to our...

View more questions Search