Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liverp00l Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

May 30, 2007, 10:56 AM
    BBQ Potatoes
    I have been told to put a metal skewer through the jacket potatoes before I bbq them by my moaning father in law...
    Does this make any difference and if so whyyy!:)
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Cooks more quick... heat goes through metal heats inside... I think the potatoes are fluffer when they get done.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 30, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Yes it does but you can just take a fork and stick the ends of the potatoes and it will accomplish the same thing. By putting a hole through the potato you also reduce the chances of the potato exploding. Honest. It happens in the oven too.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 11:55 AM
    I have always done that when camping. They cook more evenly and take less time.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 12:01 PM
    I had a gizmo once that had a handle... sat upright and you stuck the potatoes on each prong and put it in the oven... yum it worked well
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 06:33 PM
    I'm from Idaho where the Spuds are too dam big for all of that nonsense. We just start a huge bonfire, back the truck in and roll er off directly into the fire. We keep stoking the fire with pallets and firewood for two hours. Done! Feeds 16 dozen people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are Potatoes Okay For Dogs? [ 6 Answers ]

Is it safe to feed a dog 1 1/2 tsp. boiled potato, mixed in with their food, two times per day, everyday?

Potatoes in tires [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone ever grow potatoes in tires stacked 4 or 5 high. I read somewhere some time ago that you can start potatoes in the first tire, and as they grow, pile soil up over the tops and they will just keep going until you have a sky high tube of tires totally teaming with tubers. :rolleyes: I...

Charcoal and BBQ [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone here BBQ? I want to get one of those cheap BBQ supported on a tripod. But first, I got some questions: 1. Do I just pour the bag of charcoal and toss in a match? Or do I have to add something else too? 2. Do I use the charcoal until everything burns to powder? Or do I have to...

View more questions Search