Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    disturbed_girl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Hymen rupture
    I am an 18 year old girl. Virgin (never had sex and never inserted anything in my vagina), I don't use tampons and I don't exercise. In my culture, women have to bleed on their wedding nights (it's a life or death thing!).
    My problem is that I'm obsessed with my hymen. I keep checking it all the time, I heard that to break it there must be some sort of blunt force.
    I want to ask if it can be broken just by checking it using a mirror and spreading my labia. Can this "spreading" break it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 9, 2007, 09:39 AM
    You can't see your hymen just by spreading your labia and looking with a mirror, let alone rupture it.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jun 9, 2007, 10:46 AM
    I was raped at a very young age and my hymen didn't rupture until I had sex several years later. It can take quite a bit of force to actually break your hymen. Stop obsessing over it. It's still there!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2007, 10:49 AM
    You should do some research and get some real facts for your own information. I can understand that this is not something you speak to your Mother about.

Hymen Rupture - Hymen breaking on First Night
    The Hymen - Not The Indicator of Virginity

Also, don't get so obsessed with this. Continuously checking with a mirror is not going to change anything.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2007, 11:00 AM
    And to be honest if it is a "life and death" thing you need to move when you are old enough, women should not be so dominated by men in a unequal relastionships such as these.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Hi, I am very sorry that you have to spend your time worrying about this, but I understand , why you would, even though you have done nothing wrong. I just hope if you get married and have a little girl that you make sure that your daughter can talk with you about such matters. Here is a website that you can look at that maybe provide you some peace of mind. www.youngwomenshealth.org.hymen.html Good luck and please do not worry so much, you are just fine.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 9, 2007, 02:33 PM
    This is definitely something you need to talk to your mom about, my dear, or a counseller or a good friend, just to get it out in the open and off your chest. If you can't talk to your mom, you need to talk to a doctor who can educate you about female anatomy and sexuality.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Losing virginity, and hymen [ 3 Answers ]

I had been a virgin until just recently. I have been with this guy for a while a feel completely comfortable, and love him so much. I feel I made the right choice. My question is, that I heard that it hurts, and you may bleed a little when you have sex for the first time due to the "tearing" of the...

Hymen bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I lost my virginity and Ive noticed that there's a lot of blood coming out. Im not sure if its my period or something else.. should I go see a doctor already?

About hymen and vagina [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I know that hymen covers the vaginal opening. Whether the hymen should tear so that the vaginal opening will become bigger?? Vaginal opening looks small,whether it becomes big during intercourse?? My husband's penis foreskin doesn't retract much during intercourse. Do you think...

My g/f's hymen [ 5 Answers ]

My g/f isn't sure if her hymen is still there, because she said she may have broke it when she put in tampons. Even though she has never had sex would she still be considered a virgin? Thanks.

View more questions Search