Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luna16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 01:42 PM
    My dog ate some plastic wrap!
    He took a piece of chicken wrapped in plastic right out of my hand - ran outside and ate it! What do I need to do/watch for?
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Jun 8, 2007, 02:02 PM
    I am assuming he ate the chicken too. Couple questions... Was the chicken cooked? Did it have bones?
    luna16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 02:12 PM
    It was cooked and had no bones.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Watch for the plastic wrap (pieces?). My cat ate Christmas tree tinsel. In a day or so, it was expelled. If you see no evidence of plastic wrap within two days, call your vet for advice. If your dog is having problems, especially with eating or drinking or pooping, call your vet immediately.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Yeah, as long as stuff is going in and coming out the right end, he should be OK. If you vet has Saturday hours, you might at least talk to them. If so, verify how to reach them in an emergency. These things always happen on a weekend. Please keep us posted.
    whoaitspris Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Jun 8, 2007, 07:33 PM
    My friends jack russell got to a ziplock bag full of chocolate. We left and came back and she had somehow managed to jump onto the table and get the bag and eat 2/3 the plastic bag and all the chocolate with the foil wrappers. Just watch your dog for the next few days. My friends dog was fine.
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Jun 8, 2007, 07:37 PM
    I had a dog eat a pound of raw hamburger including the plastic wrap. He threw the whole thing up. Make sure it comes out one end or the other... I suppose it's possible it could cause a blockage otherwise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

THE DOG ate the AC wiring! [ 2 Answers ]

My new puppy ate the wires on my outside compressor unit (I know, my fault for not having metal conduit protecting it - will definitely do so after fixing it). Wires going to the transformer on the inside heater unit are yellow, white, red, blue. Two wires coming out from the outside compressor...

My dog just ate aluminum foil [ 3 Answers ]

She just did. It wasn't a big piece I don't think. She was outside and I think she was just licking it and when I came out she swallowed like a 2x2 inch piece. What should do?

Dog ate thermostat wiring [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, kind of a long story here. My dog chewed the thermostat wire out of the outside central air unit. I replaced the wire between the unit and the house, fine, worked, no problem. He did it a 2nd time. First, I built a fence around the unit, then I replaced the wire again. This time, nothing. ...

Dog ate my lawn mower [ 3 Answers ]

My dog chewed the wiring to my Murray riding mower with a 17.5 HP I/C engine. I found the harnesses, but they weren't enough for me to figure out how to rewire the engine to make it work. Is there a diagram to what wires attach to what wires for that particular engine?

Dog ate meds [ 3 Answers ]

I left my puppy (5mos) alone for a matter of 1 minute and she got into my pills eating one of my tegetrols. Will this kill her:confused::( :eek: Thank you.

View more questions Search