Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MEREDITH OEHRING Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2005, 03:19 PM
    Lose Of Water Flow In Bathtub
    I have a problem with my bathtub water flow. I have a faucet with one knob that controls both the hot and cold water flow. I can pull it out with and have full water flow only if it is dispensing both cold and hot evenly. If I try to turn it to give me more hot or more cold the water flow lessens to almost a drizzle. This problem just started and I am not sure what the problem could be. I am not well educated when it comes to this type of problem. Could someone give me advice on how to fix this inexpensively without calling in a plumber?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 26, 2005, 04:55 PM
    Hi Meredith,

Before I can help I'll need the brand name of your valve. Sounds like a Moen, right? Regardes. Tom
    MEREDITH OEHRING Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2005, 06:15 PM
    Yes
    Yes it is a Moen. Can you help me. Thank you much! :)
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 28, 2005, 11:26 AM
    Hi Meridth,
    Shut off the water to the valve. (See attachment) To do this the handle and face plate must be removed. You will see a screwdriver stop on each side of the valve where the supplies connect to the valve. Take a screwdriver and turn them clockwise toshut off the water.First, remove the handle. The handle type varies from model to model. Most have a chrome or plastic cap on top. Remove the cap, and then the screw. On most models that use a metal lever handle, the next part you will come to is a brass or chrome Pivot Nut. Screw this off, This step usually will not apply if you have a clear plastic handle. Looking down at the cartridge, you will see two clips. The larger horseshoe retainer clip (see diagram) needs to be slipped. Off. DO NOT REMOVE the small retainer clip around the center of the cartridge. Rotate the cartridge back an forth, then with pliers, pull the cartridge straight out. If it won't move, wiggle as you pull. If it still won't come, I recommend you rent or buy a Moen Cartridge puller to do this.
    Insert new cartridge, and replace all of the other parts. If you have water leaking around the spout, the Spout Seals ("O" rings) need to be replaced.
    Once the cartridge's removed replace it or check the inlet ports for any crud or blockage. Then open up the supplies for a minute and flush them out If you still have problems click on back. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Water Takes Too Long To Flow [ 8 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with this problem? I and my suite downstairs have a problem of having to run the water for a really long time before the hot water flows out. We are wasting so much water while waiting for hot water. Sometimes it even starts luke warm then goes cold and then finally hot. We...

Water flow [ 5 Answers ]

Speedball1, I'm concerning about not having high volume of water to flow from all the newly added bathroom upstairs. What I have right now is a 3/4" cooper pipe comming in from the water meter. This 3/4" cooper pipe is then going into a manifold plumbing system for PEX pipes through out the...

Knock & Flow Stop at Hot Water only to Kit. Sink & D/W [ 3 Answers ]

At our kitchen sink we have a problem with the hot water flow. When the hot water is turned on full (a mixing faucet) either immediately or shortly after the water comes to a full stop simultaneously there is a knock. The water does not begin flowing until you turn off the water altogether. ...

Low water flow from city supply [ 3 Answers ]

I have good water pressure at the inlet from the city supply at 80lb. When I turn on one tap the pressure dropped to 40-60lb. Each additional tap drops another 20lb+. The flow almost slow to a trickle especially the shower when I flush the toilet. I believe my problem is low flow from the city....

Hot water flow [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn the hot water tap on the flow is normal for about 1 min, then it starts to slow down and eventually stops. I turn the tap off and then back on and it does the same again.

View more questions Search