Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jnnycrsp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 12:23 PM
    How to remove black hair dye
    I need some advice my natural hair color is dark brown. I have about ten years dying my hair black. And I have used bleach before and got it blonde. But bleach damaged my hair. I have my hair black again and want to remove the color without bleach or other damaging chemicals. Please tell me how can I remove the black color from my hair.

Thank you,

Jenny
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jun 5, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jnnycrsp
    I need some advice my natural hair color is dark brown. I have about ten years dying my hair black. and I have used bleach before and got it blonde. but bleach damaged my hair. I have my hair black again and want to remove the color without bleach or other damaging chemicals. please tell me how can I remove the black color from my hair.

Thank you,

Jenny

I had that problem before. The best thing to do is go to the salon and make an appointment with them. That's the only way I was able to get mine fixed.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jun 5, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Black hair dye is the hardest color to remove from your hair. To remove black hair dye, it requires bleaching out the color. This process can weaken or damage your hair. It's best to go to a salon and have do a corrective color.
    leilaa111 Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jun 5, 2007, 09:48 PM
    I need some advice my natural hair color is dark brown. I have about ten years dying my hair black. and I have used bleach before and got it blonde. but bleach damaged my hair. I have my hair black again and want to remove the color without bleach or other damaging chemicals. please tell me how can I remove the black color from my hair.

Thank you,

Jenny
    Black is the most hardest colour 2 get rid of you will have 2 strip it off at the hair dresser and tone it down to the colour you want
    Thought we knew Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 10:33 AM

Thank you,

Jenny
    I am a Hair Stylist and have a Three year German Degree in it. WHATEVER YOU DO... DON`T DO IT Yourself!!

It has to be done by a trained stylist at least! And bleach is the only way to get it out.
    The roots will light up the fastest, so make sure you do the lengths and ends first!!

And then you´ll need the color you intend to have over it.

Or just go with highlights. It might take longer but in like a year you´ll get it to be the color you want and it won´t be "as hard" on your hair because you have time in between to intensely condition it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How badly will having black hair dye stripped out damage my hair? [ 24 Answers ]

I recently dyed my naturally dark brown hair a bright black colour, and I am not very pleased with it at all. I know that stripping the colour on my own would seriously damage my hair (something I would like to avoid, as I have just finished growing out/cutting off some very damaged hair), but if I...

How do I remove permanent hair dye? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently dyed my hair an auburn red ;) colour, and though I like the colour, it makes it feel somewhat unnatural and stringy. Is there any way to remove the colour to go back to natural softness of natural hair?- basically stripping the colour. Does anyone know any products or does it have to be...

Remove black hair dye questions [ 2 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair black from its original dark brown color. I used a demi permanate colorer IT LOOKS GOTHIC! I need it out; And I'm scared that if I put bleach in it will go white! Does it? And how does this hot oil treatment work, and what does it do? Answers are very very veryyy much...

How to remove black hair dye from hair [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi there I am natalie from the uk and wanted to know if there are any home remedies for removing, or really fading black hair dye from hair, I am naturally red and am about to go on holiday next week to the canaries, and did not want red regrowth, so I am wanting a quick and easy...

Remove my dark hair dye [ 1 Answers ]

My hair is naturally a light brown color and I dyed it a "chocolate brown" color, it turned jet black.. I waited a few months and got it professionally stripped which worked for a few days but then got dark again then I tried to dye it a "light brown" color but it went even darker! I was wondering...

View more questions Search