Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daleybob Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Adultery in Washington state
    Is there a law in Washington state against adultery?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 4, 2007, 02:05 PM

In fact 26 states have laws against adultery. I don't know if Washington does or not, but to quote the article:

"In practice, adultery laws matter little: Only one case--against an Alabama man--has been prosecuted in the last five years. Most states have not enforced their adultery laws since World War II"

So it's a moot question.
    Daleybob Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Adultery and kids?
    In Washington state does adultery get considered in where young kids live in divorce cases when it is a same sex relationship?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 03:04 PM
    In Washington state, adultery does not factor in, in matters of property or custody. See:
    Divorce In Washington State
    Scroll down to the section called, "Residency Requirements and Ground for Divorce"

Now there is a private investigator agency in Washington, called, "The Gilbertson Group". They do claim that adultery can be factor in making a bigger settlement. Read this from their website:
    "Infidelity & Adultery
    Providing clients with evidence of infidelity or adultery can assist them in achieving a more lucrative divorce settlement. Evidence proves Inclination and Opportunity. An example of Inclination is two people holding hands, kissing, or showing affection towards one another. An example of Opportunity is two people entering a hotel, residence, or other private location together.

We'll discover the truth by acquiring evidence. Evidence is the currency of our justice system. Our evidence will prove infidelity, and may help secure your financial future. Even in "no-fault" divorce states, proof of infidelity can be a powerful bargaining tool in your settlement negotiations.

Photographs, video, and witness affidavits are just some examples of the proof we can acquire. When confronted with the evidence against them, your spouse will likely settle your case and save everyone the expense and embarassment of a public trial. "

This is their website: Seattle Adultery and Washington State Adultery THE GILBERTSON GROUP

Now before Washington became a "no fault" divorce state, adultery was considered one of the grounds for marriage dissolution. That was thrown out in 1973, I believe. You can read through the "new" legislation that was enacted concerning the no fault divorce at:
    Washington Bill Allowing Contracts to Restrict No-Fault Divorce
    rcast39 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2012, 05:04 PM
    Is it against the "LAW" or not? If it's is and not being "enforced", than "take it off the books".

Why have a "Law" if someone picks & chooses which ones to enforce?

Hipocrites?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was in an accident on private property in Washington State [ 10 Answers ]

My question: I was backing up in my parking lot of my housing complex. I was not backing out of a space, just backing up. I looked over my shoulder to see if anybody was coming. Nobody was, so I look down to put the car in reverse, let off the brake, and not 5 feet later I heard a crunch. I got out...

Abondonment laws of Washington state [ 15 Answers ]

I need help, trying to find laws about what is abandonment, like how long is it considered abandonment. We have our granddaughter who has lived with us since she has been born and both parents have signed over their rights to us (grandparents). Since then he doesn't call or see her for up to 5 -6...

2 states: Can I credit state tax of one state to other state [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 W-2. One from job in Mass. Mass state tax is withheld in that W-2. Then I moved to NC and got a new job in NC. NC state tax is withheld in this second jobs W-2. Both W-2 only have state tax withheld from their corresponding states. So can I credit taxes of one state to another and...

Tree Trimming - Washington State [ 2 Answers ]

I have a neighbor that reaches over my fence to trim my tree branches that are hanging on her side of the fence. She then throws the cut branches in my yard to clean up. I know she's allowed to cut the tree limbs at the fence line or she should come over and tell me to cut them; however, she...

Hedges on property line - Washington State [ 9 Answers ]

Well... I've done something foolish and now I need to know what I can (or should) do about it. We have a nice view of Mount Ranier from the patio in front of our home. Over the last few months, the hedge that separates my house and the house next door has grown so tall that it blocked the view...

View more questions Search