Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babygirl1017 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Sore Breasts
    I was just wondering if all women get sore breasts. I'm a week late on my period and I took 3 pregnancy tests. But I haven't had any sore breasts, although I do have light cramps and I've been craving fatty foods for a couple off weeks now. But how come I'm late and I don't have sore breasts. I've never been late before and I'm not stressed. So what could be causing me to be late if I'm not pregnant. So yeah, do all women get sore breasts when they're pregnant or only the lucky ones. Lol
    babygirl1017 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 06:08 PM
    I'm not worried or psyched about it especially since my boyfriend and I are trying to conceive, so yeah. And chances for me being pregnant is pretty high considering I've been have regular periods since I was 14
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Jun 2, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Women get sore breasts. Fact of life. If your man plays with them a lot, think about it... yeah lol. Or if you don't have a good supportive bra for larger boobs (like me) they tend to start hurting a bit. All that weight pulling downward is bound to give some women discomfot. The one's with double A's are lucky.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2007, 06:56 PM
    No you don't necessarily get sore breasts when you are pregnant, just the majority of women do. And to correct an earlier poster... you see symptoms like cravings and whatnot as early as 6 weeks... sometimes earlier esp. sore breast, morning sickness, and fatigue and headaches. If you make it 3-5 months without a symptom, you are pretty lucky. I have cravings and I am 10 weeks. I have had symptoms such as these early on for all 4 of my pregnancies. The best way to know is to take a HPT if you are worried. Good luck
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 2, 2007, 07:11 PM
    Not all women get sore breasts with pregnancy, and every pregnancy is different. If you don't have sore breasts with this pregnancy you may have sore breasts with the next one.

And yes, you may see cravings as early as 6 weeks, but it is most notable later in pregnancy.

Many times PMS can cause cravings also.

Please take a HPT using first morning urine. If it is positive make an appointment for prenatal care. If it is negative you may need to make an appointment to find out what is causing the delay.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jun 3, 2007, 11:34 AM
    I didn't start getting sore breast until I was around 7 weeks along. Also, I didn't get a positive on a hpt until I was 10 days late, so you may not have enough of the pregnancy hormone built up in your system to show a positive. If you are still getting a negative at/around 14 days late go in for a blood test. Remember... all women are different, and will experience different symptoms at different times.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Jun 4, 2007, 11:21 AM
    When I found out I was pregnant I was like OK “where are the symptoms?” and they came all too soon.
    chinadoll100504 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 01:38 PM

Some women get sore breasts, nausea with or without vomitting, heartburn, headaches, fatigue and spotting as early as 3 or 4 weeks. I am only a week late, and I am having all of these and more. Also, it can be part of a hormone imbalance which I have! I have even leaked milk from my left breast without being pregnant! The doctor took samples, said it was indeed colostrum, and that it was because my periods were making my progesterone levels extremely high for some reason. If you're not pregnant, it could be hormones fluctuating in your body.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sore breasts/pregnancy? [ 18 Answers ]

I have been having extremely sore breasts and swollen nipples for about a week now. I usually get tender breasts about 5 days before my period but never this early or this severe. Also, my friend told me to pull gentley on the nipple and look for fluid, when I did, a little bit of clear fluid...

6 weeks : no period or sore breasts [ 5 Answers ]

I had an abortion on February 23 and I was supposed to wait 2-3 weeks before having intercourse. My b/f and I had sex around the 2nd week in march, I haven't had a period since the first the first time I was pregnant and that was in January. I know I'm pregnant about 6 weeks but I don't have any...

Why are my breasts not sore? [ 7 Answers ]

I am 8 weeks pregnant and everyone keeps telling me my breasts should be sore or grown bigger there has been no change in them can anyone help explain why?

Sore breasts [ 5 Answers ]

:( Hi I'm 18 and my breasts have been really sore and tender for over a week now. I thought I might be pregnant but I have had three negative tests, but if I am pregnant I would only be 6 weeks so it might be too early to tell (my doctor said on the phone) My period isn't due - if it comes - for...

No Sore Breasts [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This may sound like a silly question, but has anyone ever been pregnant and didn't have sore or swollen breasts? How soon does this normally happen?

View more questions Search