Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovelylady1 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jun 1, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Can being pregnant change the color of your blood?
    Well.. normally whenever I gave blood... it was normal like.. a little dark red.. well.. the last one I did.. look almost... a little red but really really dark.close to black.. seriously.. so I don't know.. my blood has never been this dark. Even my mom freaked out.. but yeah.. so do you think being pregnant can change the color of your blood?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 02:33 PM
    I have never heard this. I mean pregnancy increases the amount of blood in your body, and your heart pumps more... but actually changing the color is a new one on me.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 1, 2007, 03:44 PM
    Ok are you donating blood or plasma? I know that plasma will be darker if your pregnant but I'm not sure about the blood.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Jun 2, 2007, 12:54 PM
    In general it's not a good idea for pregnant women or new mothers to donate blood.

Jun 2, 2007, 02:31 PM
    I'm not donating blood.. hell nawww.. . I was giving them blood to check me out.. see if everything is ookk and to see if I was really pregnant... so yeah.. and hopefully I am.. and I do need to go to an obygn... what ever their called.. because.. if they say no.. Ima cry.. and if not.. how da hell do you get pregnant.. every time we have sex.. which is all the time.. he cums in me.. we really want a baby.. but still I have the symptoms especially my boobs.. uuuhhh... soooo... yeah.

Jun 2, 2007, 02:32 PM
    And I don't know what plasma.. is...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change in Hair Color [ 7 Answers ]

My cousin just passed away in May 2004. He was 34 years old. Didn't smoke or do drugs, and was a very active individual. An autopsy was performed (not all results are in). What we have been told thus far is, he died from an enlarged heart, blocked artery and was morbid obese. My question is,...

Negative pregnant test and blood test. Could I still be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I had an ectopic pregnancy in October 2006, and have been trying to conceive since January 07, I am 1week late for my period and have had many signs of pregnancy, including spotting a week before my period was due, since then I have had 5 negative home pregnancy tests, and a hcg level of below 1.5...

3 days after hair color change blonde turned purple [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend had her (originally) brown hair changed to blonde by a stylist. She does this on a regular basis so she was just trying to have the roots and overall color updated. 3 days later after a shower and blowdry purple streaks appeared. Any thoughts?

Hair Color Change over the years [ 1 Answers ]

As I've grown older, my hair color has changed noticeably. When I was a little kid, my hair was very blonde, however as I've grown older, my hair color has changed to a much more brown-ish color. It doesn't bother me, its just something I've always been curious about. Is it genetic or some external...

Change font color in outlook express email [ 0 Answers ]

My Outlook Express will not let me change font color. Can you please help? Otto Greer [email protected]

View more questions Search