Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GEWALKER Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 10:25 PM
    Termination of Employment by Email
    Hello

On the 28 May I received an email advising me that my employment had been terminated. My normal pay was scheduled to go into the bank on 28 th May (period 14th May - 25 May) and they deliberately stopped the pay going into my bank account.

They also subsequently demanded the return of their property. I responded via email and advised them that I will return their property only once I had received my pay for the period worked => 14 May until 28 May (11 working days). They sent me an Express Post letter and email as well stating that they will be pay me on return of their property.

I arranged for their property to be returned on Friday (01-June-2007) and they sent 2 emails on the 01-June-2007 which I have attached below.

I have not as yet received my pay from these people. What can I do?

Email 1:

Dear Georgina,
    Your husband came this morning and returned the Security pass and laptop. Thank you very much for doing that. The bank run was organised yesterday ready for today. Please email me on Monday, if you have not received payment by then.

Email 2:
    Dear Georgina,
    I have just been informed by the Financial Controller that our bank, which is Westpac (and we do our transfers on line), are having technical issues and their web site is down. Liying has been trying all day to make your payment. Our CEO is going to keep an eye on it over the weekend to see when it comes back up and keep trying. I am very sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you.

We will endeavour to pay you, as soon as we possibly can.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 2, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Sounds like they are going to pay you, and would have paid you sooner if you had returned the items sooner, If you missed one pay period because the items were not returned in time, It appears they have problems doing one forced check into the system.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2007, 09:31 AM
    You wait. They have explained the problem and seem to be sincere that you receive your payment. No need for action on your part, at this time.
    JerryGrandin Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GEWALKER
    Hello

On the 28 May I received an email advising me that my employment had been terminated. My normal pay was scheduled to go into the bank on 28 th May (period 14th May - 25 May) and they deliberately stopped the pay going into my bank account.

They also subsequently demanded the return of their property. I responded via email and advised them that I will return their property only once I had received my pay for the period worked => 14 May until 28 May (11 working days). They sent me an Express Post letter and email as well stating that they will be pay me on return of their property.

I arranged for their property to be returned on Friday (01-June-2007) and they sent 2 emails on the 01-June-2007 which I have attached below.

I have not as yet received my pay from these people. What can I do?

Email 1:

Dear Georgina,
    Your husband came this morning and returned the Security pass and laptop. Thank you very much for doing that. The bank run was organised yesterday ready for today. Please email me on Monday, if you have not received payment by then.

Email 2:
    Dear Georgina,
    I have just been informed by the Financial Controller that our bank, which is Westpac (and we do our transfers on line), are having technical issues and their web site is down. Liying has been trying all day to make your payment. Our CEO is going to keep an eye on it over the weekend to see when it comes back up and keep trying. I am very sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you.

We will endeavour to pay you, as soon as we possibly can.
    Tell them to knock it off and cut you a check. The fact that they are having tech problems is not your fault. Get some free legal advice from a labor lawyer and don't cash your check if you think they have not followed the proper procedure for termination. If you cash your check, you 'agree' with them and cannot take further action. Check and see if you can collect unemployment...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email Our troops and be email pen pals [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how we can email our women and men serving our country. I think it would be great to have overseas pen pals. To be able to talk to them, and let them know we support them . And give the other people to talk to state side.

Termination of Employment by Email [ 15 Answers ]

Hello Yesterday, I received an email from my employer advising that my 'Contract of Employment' had been terminated. The payment cycle is 2 weeks in arrears and my pay for the last 2 weeks that I have worked should have been in the bank yesterday, however it wasn't. They owe me 2 weeks...

Termination of At Will Employment [ 3 Answers ]

If an at will employee is terminated by their employer for cause and investigation finds that there is no evidence to support the claim, can that employee then sue the employer for wrongful termination given that the employer could not supply evidence to show just cause?

Termination of At Will Employment [ 1 Answers ]

If an at will employee is terminated by their employer for cause and investigation finds that there is no evidence to support the claim, can that employee then sue the employer for wrongful termination given that the employer could not supply evidence to show just cause?

Employment [ 1 Answers ]

How do organization ensure that they are hiring the best people and putting them into the right position?

View more questions Search