Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bawillis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Assumable loans
    Are there still new assumable mortgage loans available today? Where can I find one? Are the interest rates comparable with other types of loans?
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

May 3, 2007, 07:50 PM
    I assumed one back in 1993 and was told there were not many left then. I am not an agent, broker or real estate attorney and am involved in the real estate lending or sales business, so maybe someone else can chime in. I don't think there are many left though.
    Home Retention Agency Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

May 15, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Almost none.

I believe that VA loans are assumable, but they only account for around 2% of all purchase loans. Factor in re-fi's and that percentage drops to less than 1%.

What would be you reason for wanting to find one?
    mother of five lovebugs Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bawillis
    Are there still new assumable mortgage loans available today? Where can I find one? Are the interest rates comparable with other types of loans?
    I am selling my home, What I am looking at doing is a wrap around loan. I am not sure if this is the same. This is were someone is going to mabey take over my loan as of now for $502. When the value of my home is $550. Dut to the fact can't sell it in this market right now and the buyer can't get good loan due to credit. Therefore I add him to my title and he takes over payment.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2007, 07:12 PM
    About the only ones out there today are the VA loans,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assumable mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Where would I find properties that I could assume the mortgage? Is there any website that specializes in this? Any info would be greatly appreciated

Assumable Loans [ 1 Answers ]

How can I assume someone's mortgage loan with no money down?

Loans and such... [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, I have a question about loans and financial aid. I just got into the school I wanted to go to, and it costs around 70,000 for the two years that you pay up front three different times. Even though my parents made together this year over 100k I have 5 other siblings so would I be able to get...

Assumable loans in Real Estate transactions [ 7 Answers ]

How do I assume a persons mortgage. An assumable loan? Where/how can I find them?

View more questions Search