Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ictrogon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Ge dryer fault code e61
    My ge electric dryer is frozen displaying the fault code e61. I've tried unplugging it and switching the breaker. Any other suggestions for resetting?
    JeanS Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Hi I found a great solution for this problem in a tech support site. They have a new tutorial with step by step information and photos. Here is the page for the GE Dryer E61 Solution
    nicoleduong Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 11:30 AM
    Hi Jean,

I tried to click on the page with the step-by-step solution for the GE Error Code 61, but it didn't have any solution/fix, but just link to pay for service... can you please send me the link to [email protected] .

Many thanks in advance,
    Nicole
    joseask Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2012, 02:52 PM
    How to enter to service mode and navigate in a GE profile gas dryer model number DPVH890GJWW?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2012, 05:43 PM
    It's dirty and lint deposits have built up, as it always does, in all the air ducts. You will have to take it apart and test the thermal fuse near the heating element and the heating element, but it may be resettable. You will have to clean the drier out thoroughly or it is all for nothing. Every air duct will have to be removed and scraped and washed out to remove baked on lint deposits which is like a concrete lining. This will burn so the manufacturer has installed the safeties to keep from having a house fire. The safeties are oval-shaped with a round center part containing the safety with two plug-on terminals for the wires and when they burn open from the dryer being dirty nothing will work. Using an ohm meter you put a lead on each terminal of the safety with wires unplugged and if it's good you will have a reading of about zero; if it's bad it will read infinity. As long as one of these safeties are open you will get the fault code and it will not heat.Driers were the number one cause of fires at one time, hence now we have safety fuses. Look at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMP7BW1lLs4 to see how. Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBiRw-KElC4 ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFTZGgVisCI
    http://www.electrical-forensics.com/Dryer/ElectricClothesDryers.html
    http://fixitnow.com/wp/2010/10/09/whirlpool-dryer-model-le5800xsw3-wiring-diagram/
    When you finish cleaning the drier and install a new safety it is best to also replace the belt, too, because you do not want to have to disassemble it all over again and if the belt is over two years old you should replace it.

Note that on most of the videos it does not show them washing out the parts, but this is important because it's the only way to really get the parts clean, just don't get motor wet or the capacitor if it has one. Vacuum out the motor. I would move the drier out to your garage to have plenty of space to work. You also want to check your vent and clean it, also. The vent should have a short run and be straight as possible. The job is really easier than it sounds. There is no shortcut that will work; it has to be cleaned well. Before you re-assemble it make sure to use white lithium grease (high-temp grease) and grease all bearings. Just vacuuming out the dryer a little does little good. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Error code E1 Whirlpool Senseon Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

My dryer keeps shutting off and I get an error code where the time remaining usually is that flashes E1. The only thing the manual says is to contact a repairman. I called someone a friend recommended and he cleaned it out but really didn't know anything else to do? Any help would be appreciated

Whose fault [ 1 Answers ]

Towing a friends car last week when it wouldn t start,he lost control on a corner and sideswiped a BMW.Whose insurance pays,the car towing or the car being towed?

Kenmore Elite Dryer Error code E1? [ 0 Answers ]

The error code I am getting is E1. This code isn't in the manual and I cannot figure out why my dryer quits at will (usually before the clothes are dry). Does anyone have any advice for me?:eek:

Is it my fault? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a five month old boy very determined to do everything sooner than expected, that gets very upset when he cannot reach his goals. Or so it seems. At the moment he cries all the time, unless I help him sit up and touch everything he can reach or if we "read" books together. Does not want to be...

Dishwasher fault code [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Model #665.15892100 Kenmore dishwasher with a fault code not listed in my manual and NO ONE at Sears can answer me as to what this fault code means! I have a non Sears tech working on it for me but he has never come across this code with any of the other brands (since Kenmore does not...

View more questions Search