Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MPDano Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Brazilian Pepper Tree R.I.P?
    I have a few Brazilian Peppers on my property. I cut down a couple of them last year down to a stump. I am now getting sprouts from the stump and all the roots that are close to the dirt top. I have tried stump killer, but I think it loves it because it doesn't want to die. Is this an alien plant life or what? I haven't ground the stumps down since I want to cut down a few other trees on my property before I go rent the Stump Grinder. Any suggestions on how to kill the tree stump and its roots?:confused:
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Living in New England, I am not familiar with the Brazilian Pepper tree. But, you gave me such a good laugh with your "alien" question, I had to stop and see if I could find an answer for you.

Please refer to this link. Scroll down to the 'Control' section. There are specific herbicides that are required to kill this tree off. This site gives you instructions on how to apply them to a tree stump. Hope this helps. Thanks for the chuckle. :)

Brazilian Pepper-tree Control
    MPDano Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Wow! Awesome find. I will definitely give it a go.
    cynrayl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 12:39 PM
    Did you use either of the methods described? If so, how well did they work? We have one that is eating the neighborhood!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are Pepper Seeds Poisonous? [ 10 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if pepper (as in the red / green / yellow / orange variety) seeds are poisonous? I've been told it by a couple of people but I'm not sure whether to believe them or not!

Salt and pepper shakers [ 4 Answers ]

How many holes does the salt shaker have? How many hole for the pepper shaker?

Brazilian funky music - please help Identify ** [ 3 Answers ]

Who plays this ? Anyone know? It's just a short clip, no words, some Brazilian ensemble; http://www.geocities.com/lairofthelotus/20070112124637.mp3

Salt & pepper shakers [ 3 Answers ]

What can you do with a salt and pepper shaker where the holes are too big? Thanks.

View more questions Search