Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jodyanthony Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 07:07 AM
    97 Honda Accord won't start, just clicks.
    Hello! I have a '97 Honda Accord and it won't start at all. Yesterday morning it started up fine, I drove it to work and there was no issues. Around 11:30 over my lunch break I went out to my car to run to get lunch, it started up fine. I drove it to the fast food place and went back to work with no issues. I parked and went back into work. After work I went out to my car and it wouldn't do anything. When I turn the key I can hear the fuel pump working, and the check engine light comes on for about two seconds and shuts off with a click. If I turn the key to start, it clicks, but that's it. I went in to security and got a jumpstart, it started right up. I figured it was just a fluke so I drove it to the grocery store, and when I was trying to leave it wouldn't start again (probably about 45 minutes after shutting it off). I tried to jump it again, but it won't jump or anything, it still just clicks when I turn the key. I thought maybe it might have been the battery, but all the lights and radio and everything come on fine. Any ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 15, 2007, 07:50 AM
    See if this helps:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235560

I suspect your battery or starter motor is bad. Be sure to clean all connections.
    robbob Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 08:44 AM
    Check your fuses , your alternater and your battery cables

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 Honda Accord won't start [ 8 Answers ]

I recently bought a 92 honda accord ex and it has been giving me starting troubles. In Dec, the mechanic figured it out a the distributor problem and I got a new one put in. But a month and a half later.. again it won't start. The mechanic again thinks it is the distributor or the computer (after...

96 honda accord won't start. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 96 honda accord ex which had a blown engine. I swapped over another engine and was able to get it to run twice, but since then, it just cranks over and feels like it wants to start up but then dies again. I'm getting spark, timing isn't an issue. I'm getting fuel to the fuel rail but it...

Honda Accord Won't Start [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 81 honda accord 5 speed, while I was driving it would shut off for a second and instantly go back on. Now it doesn't start at all, headlights won't go on, interior lights won't go on, just nothing, I check the battery and it is fine. What could it be?

My 91 honda accord won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I found out my starter was loose on my car last week when it won't crank so I had it tighten and everything was perfect until last night when I got in the car and it crunk for 2 seconds and cut off it tries to crank but it won't so I'am trying to figure out if it' probably the starter or timing...

My Honda Accord Will Not Start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a accord 19991 dx model 4 door and will not start I have had to make spark happen at starter and hit starter with hammer and then will start but it does sound weak. I am not sure if it is the starter itself. I have heard about starter relay. I might have to take to honda for fixing but not...

View more questions Search