Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babybaits Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 05:39 AM
    Probation
    My husband is on probation. He had a couple of dirty urines about a month ago and was requested to go into an inpatient rehap for 21 days. No problem. He looked for one right away and had a date to enter. Yesterday his probation officer told him that the probation dept. doesn't accept that place so he needs to find another place. Again no problem. My question is does probation officers have a habit of throwing jail in your face even when you're doing what they want you to do? For example, when he went to see him yesterday my husband thanked him for giving him some time before entering the rehab so he can work some overtime and make sure that me and the kids will be financially okay while he's away. His PO was saying don't thank me yet because you may still go away (meaning jail). My husband asked what he was talking about and that's when he mentioned that the place wasn't being accepted by the prob. dept. My husband said he would find another place and his po said okay but then was saying all this stuff like your family would be messed up if you were in jail etc. Do you think it's possible that maybe that was just his way of reminding my husband what will happen if he doesn't look for another place?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 15, 2007, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by babybaits
    My question is does probation officers have a habit of throwing jail in your face even when you're doing what they want you to do?
    Hello baby:

Uhhhh, Yes!

I'm sorry. Apparently you bought into the notion that the PO is there to help you. Bwa, ha ha ha. Nope. A PO is there to bust you. He's not your buddy.

excon
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 15, 2007, 06:20 AM
    While not all P.O.'s are like the one your husband has, sadly there are many who are and worse. Maybe they get like that after being played one too many times but everyone is still different and each deserves that piece of understanding.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 15, 2007, 08:45 AM
    After a couple of dirty tests he is actually lucky they did not violae him and make him set in jail for a court hearing.

And a PO is there to inforce the rules, excon is right

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On probation [ 7 Answers ]

OK I've been placed on probation as of February 1st,2006 until Feb 1st,2009.I'm scheduled for a personal meeting with my student coordinator to set up classes and what not.the problem is it's out of state,I haven't spoken with anyone including my probation officer since January 18th.should I try to...

Probation [ 2 Answers ]

What are the requirements to transfer probation to another state?

Probation [ 2 Answers ]

I was ordered by the judge to a probation period of 24 months starting on December 3 of 2004. Will I be automatically terminated on December 3 of 2006?

Probation [ 3 Answers ]

I got a 5 yr sentence in harris county, Texas. I have done almost 3 yrs. What are the possibilites of getting off? I was charged with arson. Please give me some advise.

Probation [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is on probation for a misdemeanor violation (possession of marijuana). He has paid all fines, but has 24 hours of comminuty service to do. He has not done the community service yet because the county tells him when and where he can do community service. They have conveniently chosen a...

View more questions Search