Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kimmi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2006, 06:53 AM
    Walmart Radio Playlist
    Hi,

I am an associate on night crew at Walmart store 2340 in Ephrata, Pa and I need your expert help.

1) Is the Walmart radio broadcast that is picked up in stores available to listen to online?

2) More importantly, is any type of playlist of song titles/artists and times played available on a particular day.

3) I am specifically looking for the name and artist of a song played last night (Sunday, 5/7/06) that was broadcast at approximately from 11:39 pm
    Until approximately 11:45 and that was followed by Bette Midler's "Wind Beneath My Wings". The artist was an R&B tune by an african american male
    In the Luther Vandross/Peabo Bryson style.

I am really hoping to find out the artist and purchase the cd on of course Wa
    Mart.com!! l

Any help in identifying this particulasr song/artist and/or providing me with the playlist for last night from 11pm to 12am would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks from store 2340!

Kim V.
    badpenny Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

May 8, 2006, 07:55 AM
    No walmart radio is not broadcast via the internet. It is more like Sirius or XM radio in the respect that it is "extraterestrial" The next time you hear one of those songs, you need to contact who ever is in the office with the receiver, It will say on the display.
    krtcredding Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 05:01 PM
    I work at wal-mart on night shift. On Wal-Mart radio they play continueious music with no D J to tell us the name of songs. How would I get the play list for the night shift radio?
    I think it's an 80's song.
    badpenny Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Mar 2, 2007, 05:53 PM
    Find out where the receiver is located, its typically in the managers office in the front, ask them.
    gobigred Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by badpenny
    Find out where the reciever is located, its typically in the managers office in the front, ask them.
    At my store our receiver is located in the UPC/Invoicing office. It looks like a generic PC desktop without a monitor hooked up to it.

When they upgraded our phones and network servers at our store they upgraded to the system mentioned above and the Wal-Mart Radio feed plays out of the PC's built in speaker, and one of the ladies that works in the office put a note on it for the techs when it was installed asking if it could be turned off.
    wallyboi14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 04:46 PM
    More importantly, is any type of playlist of song titles/artists and times played available on a particular day.
    Chaminou Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 04:57 AM
    Hi :) I'm from Wal-Mart 3646 in Québec, and I also seek some songs sometimes. The way I do it is quite simple: You only have to write down a couple of sentences that you can hear in the song, type them in Google between "", followed by the word "lyrics". I've always found what I wanted ;)

As an example, "I want to scream at the top of my lungs" lyrics gave me a couple of website about John Mayer :P I clicked on one, and found out that this song was "No Such Thing", voilà ! :P :)

Hope I helped :)

By the way, now, between about 1AM and 6AM, it's a real radio, with special request and everything, and they call themselves Wal-Mart Radio (it's kind of new at our store), is it what you guys always had ? If so, lucky you ! Songs are so much better now ! :P

And does anyone have the e-mail or phone number we can call to get request a song ? Thanks :)

And sorry for my bad english, I'm french :P
    Sarnia3082 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 10:30 PM
    The e-mail address for Wal-Mart Radio is [email protected].

And, the toll-free number for requests is 1-888-DRY-MOPS, or 1-888-379-6677.

Hope that helps you out.

Later

Mike
    Overnight team
    Store #3082
    Sarnia, Ontario
    Chaminou Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 06:16 AM
    They took that radio off something like.. 9months ago, unfortunately :(

(But thanks anyway ^_^)
    Sarnia3082 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 09:10 PM
    We still have it, but some nights we hardly hear it with the bad speaker systems in our store. When we hardly hear it at times, our manager brings a radio out so we can listen to some music while we work, which helps because sometimes it gets really quiet, and that can make for a boring night.

Glad I could help.

Take care
    wpcj-1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 10:44 PM
    There is a satellite dish on the roof of your Wal Mart. It is used to receive information both data and audio and video from the home office. Several times a week there will be home office broadcast for the different managers and departments that the personal manager will record on VCR tapes and the appointed personnel must watch. This satellite dish is also how the home office will send feeds that appear on the in store TV monitors thou out the store. And yes this is also how the store receives the Wal Mart Radio.

There are cables that run from the satellite dish into the UPC office where they go into rack mounted receivers. These receivers will then turn the signal into a TV RF signal. On the receivers you will see channels like 3, 4, 12, etc. This is how the store gets the signal to be recorded for later and the in store ads that appear on the in store TV monitors thou out the store. One of the rack mounted receivers is also for the Wal Mart Radio. The audio output from this receiver then is feed into a caged or locked room where the phone lines come into the Wal Mart store. If you were to get into this room or look into this caged area you would see 1 or more PA amplifiers in a shelf or rack, depending on the size of your store. Each of these PA amps can control the volume to the different areas or zones in the store. If one part of your store is louder or softer then another then someone was playing with the volume levels on the PA amps. When we first set up a store we take much care and pride in making all areas of the store the same volume level.

Lets say someone on the night shift (a cool night manager) wants to increase productivity and bless the night shift with louder then normal music volume he/she should not turn up the master volume on the PA amp. This would only make everything louder including the store pages. This could lead to feedback when using the phones paging system. When we set up a new store we make the pages louder then the background music on purpose. The appropriate way to increase just the music is to increase the paging music mixer. It is a small box about the size of a modem. This box plays the Wal Mart Radio over the stores speakers then when someone pages using the phones it will cut out the music adds a ‘all call’ tone then allows the pager to talk over the stores speakers. Once the phone is hung up it then switches back to the Wal Mart Radio. One can find this paging music mixer both by its size and fallowing its wires or leads. As I have said this box is about the size of a computer modem. It will have wires running from the ‘Punch down blocks’ (the in house phone lines) into the box and then into one or more of the PA amps. The box will have 2 or more small POTS or volume controls on it, most are in the back of the box. One control will adjust the volume to the ‘All Call’ the tone you hear when you start a page from a in house phone. Another control will adjust the volume to the Wal Mart Radio without increasing the volume to the phones pages and no worries about feed back. NOTE: One should always mark the location of the control knobs before turning them up or down. They are much more sensitive then the knobs on other volume controls. A little will increase the volume a lot. Then once you are satisfied with the volume from your Wal Mart Radio you should mark that location again. Then when morning comes one can turn the volume down and then back up again the next night and the day management will be none the wiser and everyone is happy.

Hope this helps.

Work proud, play it loud!
    DOFR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 02:17 PM
    I'm david
    Store# 2142
    Overnight frozen receiving

I know you can call Dry Mops

But I tried to e-mail them on Yahoo and it didn't work. Do I have to use a certain site to e-mail music requests?
    wpcj-1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DOFR
    im david
    store# 2142
    overnight frozen recieving

i know you can call Dry Mops

but i tried to e-mail them on yahoo and it didnt work. do i have to use a certain site to e-mail music requests?

Do not know if you have to use any certain site? I have used [email protected] in the past but not for over a year now.

Hope this helps.
    briheis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2012, 02:35 AM
    It's a 2 hour loop of music they play from the home office
    lazerusnd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 10:25 AM
    Anyone know the name of that cheesy grocery store song? I'm on nightstock and we don't access the computer network room at all, so trying to get the title is difficult, I tried the Google lyric search and came up dry. Any help would be appreciated.
    lizabethe517 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2012, 05:58 PM
    It's called The Supermarket Song , by Jewel. Really corny but can get stuck in your head :)
    walmartsong Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2012, 11:58 AM
    Hi Kim V, did you ever find out the name of the song and the band that sang it? I like the song as well but I hear it early in the morning at the Walmart store in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Chaz K.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Walmart radio song [ 8 Answers ]

I recently heard a song at walmart over the radio with the lyrics. 'the grass is green and the sky is blue'. I've heard this song before but haven't been able to hear the name of the song or band. I'm sure its from the 90's, mid to late.

Walmart Radio Network [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, newbie here. I have heard a song in Walmart, no lyrics to post, but I'm trying to find it - does anyone know whether Walmart allows access to playlists? Is there some web site for their network? Thanks in advance.

On the Radio [ 4 Answers ]

We just got notified that my wife's Christmas album ( from last year) is being used on the play list of the "General Electric" Christmas special. I am not sure what stations exactly will be playing it We got our notice from the station in Fredonia NY. It was planned on being aired tonight...

Am radio [ 3 Answers ]

We have a Nissan Sentra (1994). The car radio has been fine until a short time ago. Now there is strong static on all the AM stations; the FM stations are clear. Does anyone have a simple solution to this problem? Thanks -sonoma

View more questions Search