Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jody88 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Still no period. 2 weeks late!
    I think I could be pregnant but I am not sure as the tests I have done are negative. The last period I had was the 23 March and wasn't a regular period as it was on and off for only 2 days when I'm usually on for about 5. I am 2 weeks late on my period now and last night I started spotting but since then nothing, it was also a brown colour. I had been off the pill for 2 months before my pariods started messing up. My belly has bloated and I am tired more than usual these symptoms I had with my first pregnancy. The last test I did was Friday and it came back negative. What's up?
    :confused:
    dancindiva332211 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Well, I am a mom of 5 kids and I've been there sweetheart. What you really need to do is talk to your doctor. He can tell you a lot more than I can.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2007, 09:20 PM
    It could be effects of the pill leaving your system. It could be implantation bleeding/early pregnancy bleeding. It could just be a fluke. It could just be that you are pregnant, and your hcg levels just aren't high enough yet to register on hpts. I would suggest that you get a blood test done. These are more accurate then hpts and not much more expensive. However, they are (like hpts) negative, or positive readouts. So if your levels are too low to register on the blood test, it still may turn out negative, even if you are pregnant. You can visit your doctor and they can do an exam on you to look for other signs of pregnancy(such as an enlarged uterus, and the blueish purple tinting to the cervix/vaginal area that accompany pregnancy due to high blood volumes.) it they have enough reason to believe you might be pregnant, and just not registering on the tests, they might order a quantative blood test. This is the most accurate, as it registers the actual number of hcg in your system. If they feel that the number is high enough to cause them to think you are pregnant, they will repeat the test within a few days, and see if the levels are doubling as they should in a normal pregnancy. Good luck to you
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 7, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Like the last reviewer said it is most likely from coming off the pill. The SAME thing happened to me because I was on Otho Trycelen and Ortho Trycyclen Lo and after I came off the pill I started spotting brown blood.. My period is still messed up from coming off the pill because I have sore boobs, spotty periods, etc and it is probably because of the hormones. Lastly after the spotting went away after 15 days later on a few weeks later I had big blood clots coming out. Thought of possible pregnancy and went to the hospital and they made sure that nothing was wrong and I was fine. Coming off this pill can effect you in may ways, I also ha nausea after coming off the pill as well.
    ginger23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jody88
    I think i could be pregnant but i am not sure as the tests i have done are negative. The last period i had was the 23 March and wasn't a regular period as it was on and off for only 2 days when i'm usually on for about 5. I am 2 weeks late on my period now and last night i started spotting but since then nothing, it was also a brown colour. I had been off the pill for 2 months before my pariods started messing up. My belly has bloated and i am tired more than usual these symptoms i had with my first pregnancy. The last test i did was friday and it came back negative. Whats up? ?
    :confused:
    jody88, I am in the same boat as you my period is 2 weeks late,my last period was 25 march,have done 2 hpts both negative! But still no period and for the past couple of days I have been really tired and my boobs are killing me tday,does anyone think there's a chance I could actually be pregnant but just not showing up on the hpts!this is driving me and my boyfriend mad,because you do hear of women having numerous negative hpts and then they find they have been pregnant all along!can sum1 help!
    jody88 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 01:49 PM
    I came on my period yesterday so I know that I am not pregnant now. Well I'm glad I know. But dissapointed I'm not.
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 9, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Hi.. Jody sometimes coming off af the pill can make it more difficult to get pregnant for a while and that is what my doctor told me. Although I have seen people get pregnant right away coming off the pill it just depends on the individual. If you are trying to get pregnant I would recommend talking to your doctor because sometimes it is un-healthy to try to gt pregnant after coming off, the doctor will probably tell you to wait about 6 months after coming off the pill to start trying to conceive. Hope this helps!
    aztec40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2010, 07:03 AM
    I'm so confused I had my period first week of November spotted on the 29.30 of November no period since then I had a blood test was low took several pregnancy test some negative two positive I'm frustrated so they said they want to do another blood test in a week I've never had something like this before I have 4 healthy children could I be pregnant any ideas please help
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2010, 02:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aztec40 View Post
    im so confused i had my period first week of november spotted on the 29.30 of november no period since then i had a blood test was low took several pregnancy test some negative two positive im frustrated so they said they want to do another blood test in a week ive never had something like this before i have 4 healthy children could i be pregnant any ideas please help
    Usually a positive is a positive as long as the test was done correctly, including reading it within the time frame stated on the directions. Perhaps the first blood test was just a bit too early to pick it up.
    Only way to know would be to repeat the test as they are suggesting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Only one normal period after miscarriage in Jan.now 2 weeks late. [ 3 Answers ]

I was 16 weeks pregnant when I had to have an emergency D&C on January 9, 2007. I healed quickly and had a normal period on February 8, 2007. My periods are usually regular and have never really been affected by previous stressful times in my life. My partner and I weren't going to try to get...

2 weeks late on period [ 6 Answers ]

I am over two weeks late on my period. I have always been regular. Im not under any unusal stress, haven't changed my diet or weight, haven't been recently ill and haven't been on any medication. I have taken countless pregnancy tests and they have all came out negative. I feel some of the...

2 1/2 weeks late [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a mother of 4 boys and I am trying to have a girl. My LMP was on January 18, 2007 had all symptoms, except the test results were negative, 8 HPT's and 1 blood test, all negative and still no cycle. Could I be pregnant? I feel pregnant, and my OB/GYN said I could just have low hormone but...

Late period of 2 weeks but negative result [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I just have a few questions that I want to ask if anyone has got an answer canyou please message back. Well I have a late period of about 2 and a half weeks now. I took a HPT 5 days ago. I am going to take another one Sunday to see what that says as I have a few symptoms of pregnancy...

1.5 weeks late [ 4 Answers ]

Im 1 1/2 Weeks Late, I Have Very Light Crampy Feelings Off And On My Breast Have Been Tender For About A Week Or Two, Im Wondering Could I Be Pregnant. Or Could It Just Be Something Else.

View more questions Search