Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2003, 06:38 AM
    Replacing monitor
    When installing a new(used) monitor,does the old one have to totally removed as far as software is concerned?
    What I mean is,I unplugged the connections to the old one and plugged in the new one,worked for awhile,then got a black screen with the message"Monitor out of range".
    Did not get the cd driver with it,downloaded the driver,now what do I do?
    Thought W98 would auto. Look for it and load,am I doing something wrong?
    Yes,I did restart the computer after plugging in the new monitor but still get that message.
    Thanks. For any help.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jun 14, 2003, 09:52 PM
    replacing monitor
    Try rebooting in safe mode (press F8 when you see "Starting windows" just before the windows logo appears). If it works--note it will be low resolution and only 16 colors--try setting the monitor resolution to 640x480 and 16 colors and reboot. Then try changing it back to your preferred resolution.

hope this helps...
    ~psi42

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Replacing a shower. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I'm replacing a shower that was a one-piece moulded unit. It leaked, so I bought a replacement unit to install. All is fine, except when I go to connect the drain. The trap and drain is 1 1/2" pipe and there is a nut at the top of the pipe. The drain that I have is for a 2" pipe and is...

Replacing Shower With Tub [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All, I am a newbie here, apologies in advance if I have nt provided enough details. I am interested in replacing my shower with a bathtub. My home is a little over a year old and I wiuld like to install a tub, preferably a round tub with jets. Can anyone tell me or direct me to...

Need help replacing tub spout [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, my husband and I are not the handiest people in the world. We needed to replace a tub spout with diverter, as water was not coming out of the shower head. We bought a universal tub spout with diverter, the kind with a thread screw and retainer ring. We followed the directions to a T, and...

Replacing trim [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of replacing some of the wood trim in my home. Some areas on the sheet rock does not have 2x4 reinforcement to nail to. How would you suggest I install the trim with? It seems that when I use the trim nails they will not hold the wood flush against the sheetrock.

View more questions Search